1nop whitfield insert, possibly bad controller?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rfish

Jan 21, 2022
my old advantage II insert will not operate. been sitting for several years. when start pushed all 10 light illuminate for 1 second and go out , nothing else. I seem to remember when it did work there was a click when start pushed,now nothing.
i did check fuse on controller;good. Also bypassed each switch with jumper one at a time; no change. Put 110v to both motors and the auger ; all worked.
Thinking controller is bad; what do you think. Had local electronics guy test and said he thought the processor may be bad? Looking for advise about having it tested and possibly repaired. Don't have a lot of money to spend, ant ideas?