1st Ton unloaded into Basement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailed_nailer

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2007
Cape Cod, Ma
After the chill the other night I was primed to pick up some pellets.

Called around and ended up at TSC in Wareham, ma

Their Brand (Re-bagged MWP's) $232.50 a ton. Not great but not horrible either.

A middle of the road pellet at best but Looking around my area there ain't much better.
Aubuchon Hardware has Green Supreme for $239.00 (no thanks)

Cape Cod Stove Center Has Okies (if you believe their website)
Has New England's for get this lol $329.00 per ton
Okies $379.00 per ton
Okie Doug Fir $399.00 per ton

So I figured I'd take a drive over the canal and get what I burned last year for $23.50 more a ton, lol

Besides these must be great pellets They say "Premium" on the bag in big letters.
And they have a PFI Premium Stamp so they must be good.....right.....

Here are the pictures
20130919_160333.jpg 20130919_160345.jpg 20130919_160418.jpg 20130919_160429.jpg

Reactions: save$ and jtakeman
Pffff, well if they say PREMIUM on the bag, you know you got top shelf chit ;)

First post so be kind. Have you tried these two places? Eastern Ice out of Fall River has Cubex for $285 and LG's for $275. Ricardo Corp in Dartmouth has (supposedly, I did not call) Maine's choice (gag), Warm Front for $249 and Trebio for $269. Not sure on what the delivery charges would be for you.

Their Brand (Re-bagged MWP's) $232.50 a ton. Not great but not horrible either.

A middle of the road pellet at best but Looking around my area there ain't much better.
Well, I too grabbed a few(20) bags tonight to polish off the start up pile. While I was loading mine a fella was waiting for the guy to bring him a pallet to load in his P/U. They dragged a ton of GS over and the guy threw a fit. Said he paid for the TSC brand and no way he was taking that chit.

We have limited brands this season at the box stores. and all seem to have GS in large quantities. HD only had GS period. Lowes had GS, Inferiors, NA and some GT's at a higher cost. The manager at HD said he'll get something else besides GS to many complaints. The kid in the pellet section at TSC also said no more GS if they can help it, TOO many complaints last season as well. Were getting mostly the NY mills stuff(Meh), I'd burn the NH stuff if I could fine some.

Sure hope once we get rolling better stuff hits the shelves! <>

I haven't done a spy run at NEWP for a while but their yard must be packed to the gills. I swear I see em roll by my work, 28 at a time, every 10 min. Who knows how many in the other direction. Gotta give em credit for kickin serious a$$ in the NE area. Wish they'd get on the ball and make a primo softy, or at least a CLEAN burning pellet. I know most of us here are relative pellet connoisseurs, but come on. Folks are like zombies around here with those things. Mention any other brand and you'll get the "A WITCH!!!" look. Nice to see some backlash at the BB level. VERY nice.

I haven't done a spy run at NEWP for a while but their yard must be packed to the gills. I swear I see em roll by my work, 28 at a time, every 10 min. Who knows how many in the other direction. Gotta give em credit for kickin serious a$$ in the NE area. Wish they'd get on the ball and make a primo softy, or at least a CLEAN burning pellet. I know most of us here are relative pellet connoisseurs, but come on. Folks are like zombies around here with those things. Mention any other brand and you'll get the "A WITCH!!!" look. Nice to see some backlash at the BB level. VERY nice.

They are all over CT. HD-Lowes-TSC are full of them. They must of humped out the whole summer at all 3 plants. They can definitely product them, If we could get them to work on density and a little less ash? We'd buy them too.

Reactions: P38X2
Just saw the TSC flyer in yesterdays paper....$10 off on a ton of pellets.

TedL, Thanks for the info, I am a pick up myself guy.

If you live that way you should check in with June at J&S Trucking in Berkely, Ma, off RT24.
She Runs Pellets-r-us http://www.pellets-r-us.com/products.html
They have
Vermonts $290
Okanagan $305
Okanagan Doug Fir $355
Okanagan Black Hills $272
North Country $295

High Quality Pellets and friendly to deal with.
Worth the trip over there.
---Nailer---

Nailer,

Not getting my stove until next week, but already picked up a half ton of Vermonts from June yesterday and plan to get another half ton this this weekend. Not sure where you are located on the cape, but another place that has pellets, or so they say on their website, is Drywall Masonry Supplies in South Yarmouth: http://www.drywallmasonrysupplies.com/fireplace_shop.html. No idea what they carry, but you could give them a call if they're close. The pellet prices at Cape Cod Stove shop are kind of outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.