2012 Summers Heat 55-SHP10L

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayVee

Oct 6, 2012
Brewer, Maine
New to this...a friend helped me install a 2012 Summers Heat 55-SHP10L. He owns a 2008 Englander 25-PDVC. He gave me a quick rundown on the control panel, changing the bottom 3 readings to match his stove. I have since learned that these settings may vary from year to year. Could somebody out there please tell me what the settings should be on a 2012 model and how to change these back to factory settings. Would a panel reset do it? If so ... How?? I'm learning a lot from these forums and appreciate any info. Thank you!!!

A call or email to Englander tech support will get you the right answer on the first try. IMO

What is your stove set at? What is your friend's set at? Normally, a 25PDVC has 4-6-1 settings to start with.

Reactions: JayVee
What is your stove set at? What is your friend's set at? Normally, a 25PDVC has 4-6-1 settings to start with.
You are correct sir!! Tech support emailed 4-6-1 along with how to adjust, it was set at 6-6-1, don't know if I'll notice a difference or not, not chilly enough yet to fire it up,thank you for the reply

Set what I mean mine is factory preset to 4-1-1
Tech support replied 4-6-1 for 2012 model, never thought I'd say this, but I hope it gets cold enough tonight to fire it up and see if it made much of a difference, I'm a newbie so it doesn't take much to get me excited! Thanks again for the help.

Tech support replied 4-6-1 for 2012 model, never thought I'd say this, but I hope it gets cold enough tonight to fire it up and see if it made much of a difference, I'm a newbie so it doesn't take much to get me excited! Thanks again for the help.
Yep, mines an old non ignitor model.

............. it doesn't take much to get me excited!

Join the club ;)

No really. Welcome to the Forums.......... Just wait for the real cold. When your checking the hopper every few hours to keep them level, measuring the output air temps, the exhaust air temps, trying to equalize the temps in further rooms, etc........

Reactions: JayVee
Just wait for the real cold. When your checking the hopper every few hours to keep them level, measuring the output air temps, the exhaust air temps, trying to equalize the temps in further rooms, etc........

Yep, OCD at it's best. Or should it be worst?_g

Didn't you just say that?

Reactions: smoke show
Mine is an older non ignitor model too. It says manufactured in 2005 and as long as they make parts for it, it will work until 2075. I have never adjusted those settings and it seems to work fine. :)

it says on the metal sticker "manufactred on 8/05"

Status
Not open for further replies.