25-PDVC air wash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No i believe we don't.

Upon further investigation, Englander site says the 25-PDVC has it.. Unless that is the new model and not my 05??? If there is, where would it be?

I believe we do, although I didn't know it for a while. There are 2 holes under the "cabinet" above the base. Air travels up thru (for lack of a better word) columns just inside of the door, out thru holes and allegedly directed downward by the lip at the top inside the door.

wannabe pellet pyro said:
I see the 2 holes in the bottom but can't tell where they come out inside.

When you open the door look on the inside edge where the door seats...it a square/rectangular cutout on each side of the door jamb....

I have a 2009 and don't see any holes. If I do have it, it doesn't work.

chrisasst said:
I have a 2009 and don't see any holes. If I do have it, it doesn't work.

It's the rectangular whole....doesn't work great but it's the airwash system.......

Attachments

• IMAG0093.jpg
    IMAG0093.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 347
interesting..... learn something new everyday.

Hi Folks, I'm assuming that since you are asking about the air wash system on our 25 PDVC stoves that you are getting buildup on your door glass ? I've been fighting that problem all Winter and may have found the solution. I've been getting a black buildup after cleaning the glass, even just 1-2 hours afterwards. I found 2 problems causing it, the first is heavy ash buildup under the burn plate, it falls through the air holes in spite of the air flow through them. The second is that the vent holes in the side of the burn pot were partially clogged. I have to shut my stove down and vac it out every 2-3 days depending on what brand of pellet I'm burning and always have ash buildup under the burn plate, sometimes enough to almost block it. The ash buildup forces the air to deflect at a backwards angle and not up through the pellets as it should, causing the flame to move towards the door and not straight up as it should. The second problem I found was that the small side vent holes on my burn pot were partially clogged and not giving enough air to the pellet burning process. I pulled my burn pot 2 days ago when I cleaned the stove and found some of the holes were clogged, I cut a small piece off a metal coat hanger and cleaned out the vent holes and vac'd out the residue inside. What a difference now! My flame is much more vibrant and clean looking and it goes straight up and you can see the air coming out of the burn pot side vent holes and feeding the flame. My door glass has been clean for 2 days! I've got the same air wash setup as slvrblkk does in his pic above. It's great having a clear door glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.