1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

25- PDVC installed

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by FireManDan, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireManDan

FireManDan Member

Loc:
    Scotland,CT
    Got the stove installed yesterday the rain made it a good day to stay home and do the install. The oak was only the PITA just trying
    to route the pipe through the walls and into the basement . This house is a old farm house so its got alot of big boards/beams underneath.

I only have a couple things left to do like slide the hearth pad forward to give it the 6" front clearance, Level the Wall thimble and touch
    up the wall where i got it dirty .
    Im thinking of painting the exhaust pipe with high temp black but first am going to wrap the joints with hvac tape and seal it off. But
    all in all im glad its finally installed and cant wait to see the savings in oil!

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smoke show

smoke show Guest

looks great!
    the surge protector police should be along shortly. lol
  3. FireManDan

FireManDan Member

Loc:
    Scotland,CT
    That's what I forgot ti put also. Its not plugged in yet and plan on doing a good surge protector or battle backup just don't know what I want yet
  4. imacman

imacman Guest

Looks great!

Looking forward to seeing the burning pics & your stove review.
  5. AVIVIII

AVIVIII New Member

Loc:
    New Hampshire
    What, no fire?

Sheesh, what is the world coming to. If I got a new stove you better believe she'd be burning today!!

.....just long enough to take the pic though...
  6. FireManDan

FireManDan Member

Loc:
    Scotland,CT
    just started the stove up after redoing my oak intake.
  7. AVIVIII

AVIVIII New Member

Loc:
    New Hampshire
    Niiiiiiiice!
  8. FireManDan

FireManDan Member

Loc:
    Scotland,CT
    I have a question is it normal to smell a smoke smell? I stuck my head by the exhasut blower and could smell smoke. also can feel a breeze around the blower?
  9. FireManDan

FireManDan Member

Loc:
    Scotland,CT
    Ok well i think i got the smoke smell gone . Looked at the rear with my flash light with all the lights off and smoke was coming out of the Tee so i taped it and took some more rtv to it. After the smoke smell disapated i couldnt smell any more. Now that its hotter than heck in here lol. Went outside to where my oak intake is and could hear it humming along.

Attached Files:

10. MCPO

MCPO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western Ma , close to NY state border
    Looking at that stove fired up brings tears to my eyes. I love my 25 PDVC. I might go out in the garage and hug it before I go to bed tonight.
    Good luck with it.
  11. FireManDan

FireManDan Member

Loc:
    Scotland,CT
    This made me chuckle haha! This stove was a steal for $400.00 w/ all the venting and had a new blower installed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.