1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

25 PVDC, Ignitor

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by kenstogie, Oct 30, 2012.

1. kenstogie

kenstogie Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Albany (ish)
    So I have my 25pvdc up and running. Seems to work fine after going through it though I have only run it for 3 hours due to the warm weather. As I hit the "ON" button and wait for the ignitor (i do actually have one) to do it's thing.... I was wondering.....
    Doesn't the ignitor waste electricity?
    Can I just unlplug it and manually light it, therebye saving some electricity?

and oh yea, What the heck do the 3 buttons on the bottom do? Should I adjust them? How will I know if I should?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jrsdws

jrsdws Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Illinois
    You can light it manually, however, I don't think the electricity draw is significant enough to offset the potential danger of manually lighting the stove.

The three buttons on the bottom should be set to factory default and this should provide for optimal pellet burning. However, they are adjustable and this can help manage fuel quality and heat demand, etc..

I don't know what this unit's factory defaults are but I'm sure somebody will chime in soon with those.