1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. BrowningBAR

BrowningBAR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    This big bastard is pretty cool. Three splits 4 hours ago with big coal chunks in the box. Stove temps sitting at about 300 - 350 and can probably last another 3 hours in this weather.

This seems to be working how I had hoped it would.
    pen, Jags and certified106 like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Sounds like you are starting to dial it in better now. This is what I see with the T6 when burning hardwood.Softwood burning will trim an hour or two off.
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    That is why i chuckle about people saying a 200-250 degree stove doesn't provide heat. The dang heat pump only puts around 100 degree air into the room while 455 pounds of 250 degree steel and bricks with the blower on low does the same or better.
  4. BrowningBAR

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    Well, it really depends upon the size of the stove and the needs. 200-250 from the 30 and Defiant does the job quite well. 200-250 from the Heritage or Encore? not so much... for me and my wind tunnel, at least.
  5. corey21

corey21 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Soutwest VA
    Congrats.

Right now my house is toasty from the morning fire at 2:30 PM my stove was 300 still keeping the house warm.

About the sluggish draft you were talking about mine has been that way since yesterday with this weather.
  6. BrowningBAR

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    The weather is a lot better than it was Saturday and Sunday. Well, better for burning, at least.

Yeah, I put three uglies in at 9:30. Stove is sitting at just over 200 degrees. I'll reload at 4:30 for a 7 hour cycle.
  7. corey21

corey21 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Soutwest VA
    I think i am not going to reload house is too warm right now. That what time i started my fire it was all down to coals at 12:30.
  8. BrowningBAR

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    Reload at 4:30. 5 smaller splits. Fire got going within five minutes. 7 hours on 3 uglies is good for me.
  9. BrowningBAR

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    790 degrees on the front glass right now. The cat left the room.

I'd like to see that guy on the YouTube video place his hand on top of the 30 right now and still have any finger prints left when he removes that hand.
  10. corey21

corey21 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Soutwest VA
    His whole hand might melt.