1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

30 NC Firing on all cylinders

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by rottiman, Oct 1, 2011.

1. BrowningBAR

BrowningBAR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA

I'm not much older than that. That and I was completely incompetent at sports as a kid, so my knees have less mileage on them than most.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    Good move. I'd live in the horse trailer before I'd sell it, let alone Dix & Matisse.

Actually, the tour guide /weekend job is sweet. I do Saturday, Erin Sunday. 5 hours max each day, and $100 per weekend. Plus a couple of busy weekends from 8 AM - 6PM, makes for 9 cords at Chez Dix,plus a bunch of other needed thingys :)

Not counting the oaks that are down, or the "too longs" that need to be split 'cause they are to just /cut in half ( about a cord, that's seasoned).

But, I digress.

Hay, K ... can ya put an insert in that gorgeous FP??????
  3. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    Pfft! You may have it firing on all cylinders but you haven't hardly taken her off idle yet! Wait till you wind that mother up! Keep the shorts handy, perhaps a change too!

Looking forward to seeing how you make out later in the season.

pen
  4. GAMMA RAY

GAMMA RAY Minister of Fire

Loc:
    PA.
    Our 30 is in the house.....her name will be Stella...
    I am thrilled as chit about it...
    I can't wait to fire that mother up but.....
    I may need to have a change of undergarments ready though...between starting my second burning season and getting to know how Stella behaves....I maybe a lil nervous at first.... :gulp:
  5. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Shoulda named her Large Marge or Big Bertha.. Stella is too feminine a name for a beast like that! :) However I am sure she will be a Stellar(Stella) performer!

Ray
  6. GAMMA RAY

Loc:
    PA.
    I was thinkin of Beulah actually...that might be better!!!
    I won't put Mr Gamma in charge of naming it....he has a fish for 10 years that still does not have a name... >:-(
  7. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    LMAO that is one long lived fish!!! Or is it a fish hanging on the wall? When are you installing your new 30?

Ray
  8. GAMMA RAY

Loc:
    PA.
    Yeah, it is some kinda big big silver one...all the others died and he has been by himself for years!

I don't know when the 30 is going in...soon. It would be going in next weekend but since we will be in NH Fri, Sat and Sun that ain't happening. I am off Monday too and I would do it myself if I was physically able...I am nursing a recent neck injury from helping him with some heavy jobs at the house and now can not lift anything for a while. I tend to think I can handle bigger jobs than I should, even though I have a fused neck and other herniated discs. I learned my lesson.
    Mr. Gamma is overwhelmed with projects work and home related and the installation will have to go on the top of the list. It is getting chilly here but no need for any heat yet.
    Maybes I will barter with him and get the mother installed this weekend so it will be ready to rock and roll when it gets colder out. I can be persuasive. :)
    Don't worry, pics will be a coming when Beulah is fired up.
  9. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Cool I will see you at Woodstock.. I was going to install my stove but went from a 3-4 day schedule to a 5 day schedule.. At 515 lbs. I also figured it wasn't worth breaking the stove or myself and coughed up the dough to have it installed.. It's easier to work a little OT and pay for it that way.. Like you I underestimate and ultimately end up hurting myself lol..

Ray
  10. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Dexter, thanks for doing that. Looks like the brickwork may be coming down and a new heat shield going up when the 30 comes here to roost.
  11. rottiman

rottiman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ontario Canada
    Threw 3 splits in her @ 9 30 last night. woke up to a good bed of red @ 7 30 this a.m., and the house @ 75. Don't get much better than that..........................
  12. greythorn3

greythorn3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Alaska
    been burning it for a while now buring allot of standing dead trees for extra heat and to clean up around here. snows only half way down the mountain

Attached Files:

13. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Stove and view great there too!

Ray
  14. rottiman

rottiman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ontario Canada
    Awesome scenery, hope your likin' the new stove. They are heat monsters for sure.
  15. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    How is the layout working for you? It looks good. Are you happy with placing it on the diagonal?
  16. Mrs. Krabappel

Mrs. Krabappel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
    I made a lot of progress today. An internal temp of 52 provided the motivation.
  17. BrowningBAR

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    You still haven't gotten that stove in yet? Did you hit a snag? I thought you were having a "Moving The Stove Into The House" party?
  18. Mrs. Krabappel

Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
    Yes hit snags.
  19. BrowningBAR

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    Does the stove not fit?

You said 'snags'. As in plural. Is there a workaround and still keep the 30?
  20. Mrs. Krabappel

Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
    I needed flex pipe because of the angle between the smoke shelf and the lintel. and I also needed the shorter legs. Though with some pipe modifications I could use the taller legs, but right now I'm going to run with what I have.
  21. BrowningBAR

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    Doesn't sound like big snags. Will you be able resolve them before winter?
  22. greythorn3

greythorn3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Alaska

i think im pretty happy, gonna turn it counterclockwise (front to right) a little more though so i can see the fire better on the loveseat that is parallel to the hearth. gonna pull the pipe off when i get a 6" poly brush and give it a cleaning here in a month or so. check things out.
  23. heus

heus Member

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Ashtabula County
  24. Mrs. Krabappel

Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
  25. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Member

Loc:
    Broadview Hts, OH
    Ecofan is a really good investment. I have a blower fan on my stove that I can control via a dimmer switch, however, I rarely use it because it will cook you out very quickly. The ecofan does a nice job of moving air around the stove - plus it's a great convo piece. People are always asking me how it works.

Picked it up in March or April at the local stove shop. Got it for under $100 bucks since summer was right around the corner and they knew that they wouldn't be able to monetize it until the fall.