4 cords of ash.... Tree service score finally stacked

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lowroadacres

Minister of Fire
Aug 18, 2009
MB
So late in the summer I had a large pile of Ash dropped off on my yard from a tree service friend.

When I put the tape measure on it today after we finished the stacking... Of course after cutting and splitting....

We have a solid four cords ready for 2011-2012 as a great start on next year's supply.

As soon as hunting season is over it will be time to start going to the bush again for a load here and there.

We have also located a nice source of oak where there is a combination of standing dead, fallen dead and recently beaver killed trees. Some of the trees are going to require some serious grunt work to get out of the bush as they are on a steep incline but we will pick away at it.

Attachments

• 2011-12 ash.jpg
    2011-12 ash.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 516
  • 2011-12 ash 2.jpg
    2011-12 ash 2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 518
Lowroadacres looks good, how long does your hunting season last.

zap

Our whitetail archery season begins late August through late November. Our Muzzleloader season just ended a week ago and it runs three weeks. OUr rifle season now has two weeks to go. The government has introduced a January muzzleloader season in one area to cull an overpopulation of does as well.

This year I have not done as well as I usually do but I have not prepared properly. We general harvest three animals in total but with our family eating as much as we do we could probably make use of as many as 6 or 7. We mostly do ground meat and sausage which I make 50-50 with pork. Of course we save the loins for chops and stew.

Sounds good lowroadacres. Good hunting to you. Nice wood stack too.

Have about the same season here, just like wood i process my own deer as well. Just love to get creative with all the combos! we typically get 16-18 between 4-5 people (never enough) one of our favorites is ground mixed with 10-15 % bacon, makes the best burger you have ever had.

Nice wood by the way, i have about the same in oak....none able to burn this year of course

That's great. Four cords of Ash would be a whole season's worth for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.