55-SHP10 Smoke Back

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbathan

Feb 13, 2016
United States
Since customer service is off right now. just going to ask a quick question. Today my pellet stove started smoking after cleaning. i think the cause is due to the sawdust left overs from the pellets. Everything seems to run fine. the auger is good and everything else. the smoke came from the hopper and doors. I did accidentally unplug the unit (panic attack) then we re plugged it back on. everything seems fine. i am not going to restart the unit until tommorow when customer service is back online. Thanks guys.

So it started smoking while the stove was off and shut down? Or in shut down it did this?
oh i prolly didnt write it well. but what i did was i cleaned my stove and i filled it up with pellets and just started it like always. then after maybe 10 mins or im not sure since i was not there. it started filling the living room w/ cloud of smoke. The smoke was coming outside the hopper and inside the window/door. the motor is running fine. its definitely not the motor. the smoke seems to be coming out of the pellets that didnt light up. im not sure what happened. im thinking its the extra sawdust from the pellets that got lit up.

Take a look at you exhaust make sure there is no blockage I've run dusty pellets and never had a issue.. Also make sure you bottom auger is running smooth non stop and make sure your hopper lid latches nice and tight.. So air can not leak into the hopper

Take a look at you exhaust make sure there is no blockage I've run dusty pellets and never had a issue.. Also make sure you bottom auger is running smooth non stop and make sure your hopper lid latches nice and tight.. So air can not leak into the hopper
thanks. ill check tommorow morning and check the exhaust. and the bottom auger by the window is running nicely. but one question. the auger inside the pellet/hopper doesnt seem to always run? does it only run a couple of mins then stop? it doesnt seem to run the whole time.

That what it does.. It turns on and off that is what controls how much fuel you burn.. So the higher the heat setting the more that auger runs thus pushing more fuel into the bottom auger then to the burn pot

Reactions: Jbathan
Status
Not open for further replies.