55-SHP22L Roasting Out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steelz22

Oct 7, 2011
SE Pennsylvania
Hi,

I love the heat this stove puts out!! It's been running about 5 - 6 hours now and it's approaching 80 degrees in my house. It's currently about 45 degrees outside. I currently have it on the factory settings I believe with heat setting 1 and Blower setting 1. Can anyone tell me what the lowest setting I can set this stove to to minimize the heat and conserve pellets. I want to go to bed and leave it on, but feel like I will be completely roasted out by morning. Thanks!

sounds like you need a thermostat.

1-1 is the lowest you can go, heat/blower wise. Only thing I can think of, besides getting a stat for it, is to turn the LFF down a notch.

hmmm. i only know about my stove. (newbie)
but i googled yours and there are thermostats listed on the options parts list-

should turn it off and on at a set room temp

http://www.englanderstoves.com/help/PelletStove/parts_list_25PDV.html

MODEL NUMBERS: 25-PDV, 25-PDVE, 55-SHP22, 55-SHP22L,
55-TRP22 and American Heritage

ABOVE MODELS MANUFACTURED 2004 OR LATER

AC-3001 Remote Thermostat
GU-1E30-914 Wall Thermostat

good luck and happy heating :)

The best thing for you to do is sit down and read the owners manual. It being 80 in the house and only 45 outside would be a safe bet it should still be above 70 in the am unless your roof is missing..
Enjoy your new toy., Now start reading.........

I've got your stoves little brother and I'm pretty sure that yours is like mine, a t-stat will only have your stove revert to it's lowest burn setting when open,,,,, and go to your preset setting (mine is set at Heat 7 and Blower 8) when the stat closes. It will not shut your stove off,,,, or turn it on for that matter.
I am currently investigating a way to make mine do that,,, just like the bigger, slighlty more expensive (about 2-3 times) stoves out there. I just shut mine off before I go to bed,, but with outside temps as high as they are once the room is brought up to the required 72 that the Mrs. wants, the stove just kinda keeps the fire going,,,, I have it on a programable t-stat that will turn the stove to the higher setting when the rooms dips below its setting of 72.

I have a thread started on this,,, "Englander 25PVDC Control Board Schematics"...

John

I Agree 100%

imacman said:
1-1 is the lowest you can go, heat/blower wise. Only thing I can think of, besides getting a stat for it, is to turn the LFF down a notch.

If it is similar to the 25 pdvc then your manual will tell you about buttons that are factory set. You may want to play with these to cut down your feed rate. There was a conversation last year about these settings.

Murphy118 said:
.....I'm pretty sure that yours is like mine, a t-stat will only have your stove revert to it's lowest burn setting when open.....

Correct. The stove will go into low burn mode when the stat stops calling for heat, and then ramps back up when it calls for heat.

Beside the stat, changing the Low Fuel Feed as I mentioned above is the only way I know to get less heat using the controls. I also seem to remember that the PDV and PDVC have a adjustable feed plate at the bottom of the hopper. Try closing that a little.

If these things don't help, call Englander Tech help.

Status
Not open for further replies.