6/4/2012, Harman XXV Burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Who is burning in June

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

Vermont Castings Geek
Dec 5, 2007
Old Lyme CT
100_3351.jpg I can not believe this is happening
Wife is happy, she likes it warmIMG_1513.jpg photo was from last year back deck, but it is raw here.

Reactions: thedude110
Gotta say, I am tempted to burn tonight. Had I been home today and not a work (no, the heat is NOT on here brrrr), I would have. Considering I wont be home until 8PM, I can most likely not burn.
Damn, a week ago Saturday, we were on the M/C in the warm 88 degree sunshine and doing yard work in my shorts a week ago Sunday and Monday ! ! ! !

This Harman is runnin too, gonna pick up a couple bags og Greene team platinum and try out. Supposed to be cool the next 3 days.

OK, I have to come clean, two days in a row I have had mine on. I'm ashamed!

Tom C.

Mine was on June 1st (at night) and on when I left for Work (June 2nd)....

I literally just turned the t-stat down 2 degrees to stop it, because it just turned on minutes ago. It was almost 40° on June 1. Its only 55° outside now. So we should be fine. If it fired up now, I would be sweatin in a few hrs...

Supposed to drop some more tonight. So if it kicks on later? I reckon I will let it go. Today was my B-day and wanted to have a Fire in my new Pit.... Never happened. Maybe tomorrow.

Pits finished. But it was to dark to get a good finished pic with rock surrounding it. Maybe tomorrow

Attachments

• 2012-06-04_19-10-55_846.jpg
    2012-06-04_19-10-55_846.jpg
    969.6 KB · Views: 138
Mine was on June 1st (at night) and on when I left for Work (June 2nd)....

I literally just turned the t-stat down 2 degrees to stop it, because it just turned on minutes ago. It was almost 40° on June 1. Its only 55° outside now. So we should be fine. If it fired up now, I would be sweatin in a few hrs...

Supposed to drop some more tonight. So if it kicks on later? I reckon I will let it go. Today was my B-day and wanted to have a Fire in my new Pit.... Never happened. Maybe tomorrow.

Pits finished. But it was to dark to get a good finished pic with rock surrounding it. Maybe tomorrow

Pit looks good, Is that a cooking area to the right??

Nice looking stove and pup Defiant!

Happy birthday

Pit looks good, Is that a cooking area to the right??

Nice looking stove and pup Defiant!

Thanks Hoot, Eaton, Smoke, and Defiant....

Yeah, its a cooking pit. As Smoke show said, I got the idea from member Scotty Overkill.

I lined the sides with Firebrick, that I got for nothing. The bricks on the bottom were free and so are the large rocks I have put around it. There has been an empty house next door. Someone moved in 2 weeks ago and told me yestersay, that I could have every rock, brick, and firebrick in/ and around there old barn.

I will get a daylight photo as soon as I get a bag of sand and fill in the cracks of the bottom bricks..

The pit is 5' in diameter, with the cooking pit being 18" x 18". Here is a shot with no brick

Oh and to stay on topic. The stove was on at 4:00 a.m. when I got up to relieve myself. Set it to 66° with a 2° swing.

Attachments

• pit2.jpg
    pit2.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 129
There has been an empty house next door. Someone moved in 2 weeks ago and told me yestersay, that I could have every rock, brick, and firebrick in/ and around there old barn.
Could your new neighbor be Don? He has only been averaging 23 hours a day on this site lately.;)

Could your new neighbor be Don? He has only been averaging 23 hours a day on this site lately.;)

I know I dont see a lot of the new neighbors? ? Lots of work to do over there. Its an old Farmhouse, built in 1905. Power was off for 2 yrs. The water was waist deep in the basement! !!

Anyways.. Its done. Laid sand in to fill the cracks amd lock it all together.

Pretty chilly now. Only 57° outside. Back in the 40's tonight!! WTH?!?! I cleaned the stove last year, a week or two before Memorial Day. Never burned this late in the year...... 2012-06-05_10-23-22_788.jpg

When are you going to get it dirty? Looks great.:cool:

Gotta go back to work tomorrow. Just had a long weekend. Probably have some friends over this weekend. Looking for a nice grilling surface or grate to put over the cooking area. The search is on this week. ;)

My Son has baseball games everyday this week. He plays on the Minors (10-12 yrs old), but when his coach from last year is short some boys, he plays up in the Majors (12-14). So Today, Thurs, and Sat he plays for his team, and Wed and Fri he is playing with the Big Boys. Him and 1 other kid are the 2 that get to play up. Both have natural talent to play the game.

Pics will follow of pit. But I will either add to Scotty Overkills thread or start a new one. I have jacked this thread. I apologize Defiant.

Sad to say that I had my Harman on from yesterday afternoon until this a.m. I'm glad I haven't done my final cleaning yet. I also pray that's the last time it will be on!!!

Okay, I caved last night and lit the stove for the evening. Guess I have to change my vote................but don't see that I can

Reactions: Defiant
View attachment 68099
Wife is happy, she likes it warm.

Happy wifey...Happy lifey...
as much as I hate to say it...it is so true...rotflmao.gif

Nice "pit" btw...
Love the doggie.. half smiley.jpg

Nope, no burnin here....although it is a bit chilly...a lil nip in the air...

Reactions: Defiant
Stove just kicked on again. Just got boat prepped for fishing tomorrow. Good time to burn pit.::P:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.