6" to 8" adapter???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobUrban

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 24, 2010
Central Michigan
I am adding some more to my hearth and getting ready to install the NC-30. I am going from 6" on the stove into 8" - not ideal but the set up is 1 yr old and a 16" straight shot so I am confident it will draw fine. I am looking for an adapter. My stove pipe and chimney are all Duravent and the stove pipe is double wall. I am hoping to just get a 20" or so piece to go from stove to pipe but wondering if I need to go 6" to the start of the chimney at the ceiling?

Any suggestions on choice and more inportantly where to buy??

current set up:
E30006.jpg

Upon a little research I think I can buy a 40"x68" telescoping double wall Duravent pipe and a adapter to fit into the chimney at the ceiling so that it goes 6" for the first 5'(stove pipe) and be done with it. I think this would be my best option short of lining the chimney and it is relatively cheap at around 250ish for the whole pkg.

What was throwing me off was the oval to round addapter coming from my VC stove making me think I needed to replace that but with a round 6" outlet on the NC-30 I am guessing this piece can be eliminated and just let the telescope mount directly into the stove. Am I correct in assuming this? Any red flags?

Any tips on the best place to purchase Duravent pipe - cheapest is really my goal :)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.