80 Bags - How Many More Should I Buy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpStateNY

Feeling the Heat
May 4, 2008
Catskill Mountains
Its Feb 25 and I have used about 80 bags of pellets so far. I got about 10 bags left. How many more bags should I buy?

Note when it gets warmer later in the spring that requires only a little heat I usually just go with OIL heat and keep the pellet stove off.

I have recently been purchasing Stove Chow from Home Depot for $4.18 a bag.

You can never have too much. Whatevers left over you'll have for next year.
I'm surprised you're asking this question though when one
of your other posts said you are 3 years into owning this stove?

If storage is not an issue, grab another ton or two or three.......

Xena said:
Your right I need to keep better records. In the past 2 years I just bought pellets and never really kept track.

I figured some of you out there tracked your pellet usage down to the last bag and could help me out here.

UpStateNY said:
Xena said:
Your right I need to keep better records. In the past 2 years I just bought pellets and never really kept track.

I figured some of you out there tracked your pellet usage down to the last bag and could help me out here.

How many bags do you use in a day?? I burn 1 bag/day simple math.

Winter looks like its not over yet! And I heat until may most seasons. I would get a ton, But if you have room? Stuff in some buffer JIC! They will burn fine next season, So not a biggie if you get too much!

Winter should be over sometime around July this year so I'm thinking you should get another 3-4 tons anyway :cheese:

My opinion is to buy as many tons as you can afford and store now....as Jay said, you can always burn them next winter. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the pellet store.

I would buy 1 ton, and then wait till spring buy when the prices will hopefully be lower, and stock up then.

Status
Not open for further replies.