9 degree's outside and I turned off the Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with fairness? There will be more winners than losers. He's putting his money where his mouth is since he is proposing to raise his own taxes. Lowering taxes on the middle class sounds good to me. The way it looks only couples with about $180,000.00 in taxable income would receive an increase. Where the majority would see a decrease.

$180,000/yr aka: successful mid career 2 income households. Screw your idea of fairness.

What's wrong with fairness? There will be more winners than losers. He's putting his money where his mouth is since he is proposing to raise his own taxes. Lowering taxes on the middle class sounds good to me. The way it looks only couples with about $180,000.00 in taxable income would receive an increase. Where the majority would see a decrease.
Because "fairness" is in the eye of the beholder and I'm betting that the bulk of that money will end up in teacher's pockets which does not help kids. Just because I make more money than you doesn't mean I should subsidize you or class warfare. I was out of the house at 18, have three degrees and my own business. Get a better education, a better job and your hand out of my pocket. End of discussion. You want to continue find a political forum.

Because "fairness" is in the eye of the beholder and I'm betting that the bulk of that money will end up in teacher's pockets which does not help kids. Just because I make more money than you doesn't mean I should subsidize you or class warfare. I was out of the house at 18, have three degrees and my own business. Get a better education, a better job and your hand out of my pocket. End of discussion. You want to continue find a political forum.

You don't know how much money I make. Many people who make more are willing to be fair. End of discussion.

Last edited:
Even with a swing setting making it cycle less it won't solve the uneven heating problem. The way to solve this is to take the fan out of auto and put it to on.

Very true, I was mentioning the swing temp adjust for the oil burner going on and off every 15 minutes..

As the uneven heat, that is something that we all have to deal with to a certain extent..stove room will always be warmer then rest of the house.

i'm pursuing ng for my house. my utility will vary your installation cost based on how many appliances you tell them you'll hook up. so furnace only would run maybe 6k, furnace plus hot water, range, dryer, and a bbq maybe 1k installation. you may be spending about the same $$ in total considering all new appliances but at least that money stays in your house vs going to gas company.
Last summer was giong to switch to NG, had the newest 98% efficient Lennox with variable speed blowers all set to install, called the gas co,...
...month later they came and assesed called me and said $6000!!! to run a 30 foot line to my house, well that blew that deal,

Even with a swing setting making it cycle less it won't solve the uneven heating problem. The way to solve this is to take the fan out of auto and put it to on.
That is exactly the way. If the blower is noisey change the pulley ratio to slow down the blower and keep it on continually. Whether using oil or pellets it will smooth out the drafts and even out the temperature across the whole house.
Putting some sound dampening material on the ductwork would help the noise also.

Our choices are the built in forced air electric at about $1000 a month or refit with a heat pump and electric strips $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ money more, or install a propane burner.

No nat gas anywhere close to hear.

Heating with the 2 Whitfield pellet burners running on nut shells $100 give or take for the entire season.

They can keep the other choices, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.