A deal I couldnt pass up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loco Gringo

Feeling the Heat
Jan 17, 2011
Western North Carolina
A buddy had to get this moved this weekend and I offered him $100, and settled on $150 for this 2 year split 80% oak and 20% maple. Its not my style to pay for wood but it was so dry and I was concerned about what I had on hand being spit about 1 year. Not to mention he parked his dump trailer on site and brought 2 loads up to the house. I took an armfull home and burned it just to get a taste for it and the secondaries were like Ive never seen em and even when I choked it back for the night, when I got up my glass was still clean, and Ive never had it still clean the next day even leaving the air less restricted. There's still at least one more load of all red oak rounds that Ill split for 2013-2014. So instead of scrounging all winter I now have plenty splitting to do but even better I have this years already in a much better MC percentage than I would have. Some times the sun even shines on a dogs ass I guess.

Attachments

• 100_0434.jpg
    100_0434.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 307
  • 100_0432.jpg
    100_0432.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 291
  • 100_0431.jpg
    100_0431.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 302
Looks like you walked into something great with that deal. Did you ever add up the math to see what you got out of it? From what I can see well over 1 cord but just under 2? Can't quite see whats behind the long row in the back. Now you have some peace of mind!

You'll get more than $150.00 in BTU's back on those stacks. You would pay double that for kiln dried wood from a supplier. Your other pile will be even better off for next season. Good job.

Thats the way I see it too, it was well worth the small price and hell I even sold $10 worth to a camper while loading it and the pine that I split last year I can sell in bundles to my employer and make up for at least $50 of it. I did the math on the stacks and yeah MOHMH, its just over a cord and I still have what you see piled up below it, what I stacked in the shed, and theres about a cord in rounds left. Its quite a pile of nice rounds. Enuff to fill his 8x6x2 trailer piled up.

LG,

Sometimes we just are presented with manna, aren't we? Good price - great wood! Enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.