A Good Stove For Me?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Djwood

Feb 11, 2018
Prince George
Hello,
Im new to the forum. Courious what you guys think. I currently run a wood master 4400 boiler to heat my house. Im looking for a more eff way to heat my house. Im thinking about installing a BK king stove in my basement. I can use my furnace ducts to move the heat around for the new wood stove. What you guys think ? My house is 2500 sqft.

Thanks

Check local regs. Ducting a wood stove may not be permitted.

How is the current system setup? Does the boiler feed a water to air heat exchanger that is then ducted? Is all the current ductwork tightly sealed and well insulated?

Are your foundation/basement walls insulated on the interior? Open floorplan with a open staircase centrally located?

May be worth considering a add on furnace if wishing to utilize the existing ductwork to full effect. If this is even a option.
Lots of expertise here but answering these few questions will help get the ball rolling with recommendations from the pro's.

Are your foundation/basement walls insulated on the interior? Open floorplan with a open staircase centrally located?

May be worth considering a add on furnace if wishing to utilize the existing ductwork to full effect. If this is even a option.
Lots of expertise here but answering these few questions will help get the ball rolling

My basement is unfinished. Its a log house. The staircase is off to the side. There is an existing electric furnace with full duct work to the top floor. I use this as a backup to the boiler. I have a heat exchanger in the ductwork . I just run the furnace fan to circulate the heat.

I thought of running the chimney througj the basement wall then up
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: