1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

? about Antique Wood Stove

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by pete97, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pete97

pete97 Member

Loc:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    I have a old Parlor Stove (i think that is what it is called) made by the Germer Stove Company in Erie, Pa. It was made sometime around 1887 and has the Number 14 stamped on it. It says "Radiant Home" on the front. I will try to attach a photo. Anyone know how much it is worth roughly. I think I am going to have it appriased before I sell it. Anyone have any info about it? I had to split the pictures in two to get them to fit. Top and Bottom.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    Probably depends on whose buying it. I've never sold a stove that old or seen one for that matter. I agree that you should get it appraised since it's so old. The oldest stove that I've sold is around 30 years and they go cheap 150-350.
  3. pete97

pete97 Member

Loc:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Thanks. I don't know much about the old ones either.
  4. lizzybobio

lizzybobio New Member

If you're really interested, you can try www.antiquestoves.com They offer an assessment but it costs $25.

I have an old King Oak laying around.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.