Wondering what type/brand of a wood stove I have.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Evalasvegas

Dec 14, 2023
Deig1983@
Good morning,

I've been in my house for about eight years, and have been using the wood stove every winter. Compared to other stove I have seen, this one is rather large. I have looked all over, inside and out, for a tag or stamp noting a Make or Model. However, I cannot find anything. Thus, I have come to you all to see if I have a standard wood stove or a custom made one.

Thanks in advance,

IMG_1311.jpg IMG_1309.jpg IMG_1310.jpg

It might be custom made, though fancy. Is it connected to a full liner up the chimney or is there no connection and just a reliance on a tight seal at the surround? What is the trimon the front door for? Is there a window there? Where are the air controls?

No idea on brand. I'd worry about the frt. hanging over your floor like that, I'm sure that's not approved.

Correct, there needs to be a proper hearth pad in front of the stove door.

It might be custom made, though fancy. Is it connected to a full liner up the chimney or is there no connection and just a reliance on a tight seal at the surround? What is the trimon the front door for? Is there a window there? Where are the air controls?
Relies on a tight seal. There is a gasket/fiber around the seal. The trim is a "antique" brass figure, of a man and woman sitting around a stove. No window. The air controls are knobs on the sides (one on each side).

Is it connected to a full liner up the chimney or is there no connection and just a reliance on a tight seal at the surround?

It looks nicely made. Can you post a straight front shot of the brass figures on the front of the stove? This might hold a clue.

Is it connected to a full liner up the chimney or is there no connection and just a reliance on a tight seal at the surround?

It looks nicely made. Can you post a straight front shot of the brass figures on the front of the stove? This might hold a clue.
No connection to the liner/chimney, just the tight seal. Here is a pic of the "decoration" on the door.

unnamed.jpg

I like it, that's charming. I ran a Google image search but it found nothing. What it did show was a lot of banks that had similar appliqués.
No connection to the liner/chimney, just the tight seal.
Unfortunately, this type of installation is no longer allowed. It's called a "slammer".

I like it, that's charming. I ran a Google image search but it found nothing. What it did show was a lot of banks that had similar appliqués.

Unfortunately, this type of installation is no longer allowed. It's called a "slammer".
Thank you and I will look into options for omitting the "slammer".

Thank you and I will look into options for omitting the "slammer".
This will mean attaching a full stainless steel liner to it, after the chimney is fully cleaned.