Accentra 2 Room Temp/Auto

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainiac

Sep 23, 2008
Maine
How long should the combustion fan run after the stove has reached the set temp and shut down?

I am set at Room Temp and Auto Ignition with the temp set at 67 and according the my room thermometer it is 70 degrees in the room. The stove has completely cooled down and there is no visible fire or embers and the combustion fan is still running after well over and hour and a half.

How long should the combustion fan run after the stove has reached the set temp and shut down?

I am set at Room Temp and Auto Ignition with the temp set at 67 and according the my room thermometer it is 70 degrees in the room. The stove has completely cooled down and there is no visible fire or embers and the combustion fan is still running after well over and hour and a half.

UPDATE: About 10 minutes after posting this I was sitting at my dining room table searching this site and the combustion blower and indicator light shut off. Close to two hours seemed excessive but maybe not?

UPDATE: About 10 minutes after posting this I was sitting at my dining room table searching this site and the combustion blower and indicator light shut off. Close to two hours seemed excessive but maybe not?

That's about how long mine takes.

Manufacture is a bit worried about some smoldering pellets in the stove possibly smoking into room and with so many installs without any rise in the vent without natural draft. I got chided for unplugging after half an hour. With an OAK that is really a waste of any heat IMO

Mine runs about that long also.

Status
Not open for further replies.