1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

adapter for franklin stove

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by rfhjr, Jul 31, 2013.

1. rfhjr

rfhjr New Member

Loc:
    NC
    I have a franklin stove with an 8 inch opening since the damper is 1 1/2 below the opening so I am not able to use an adapter which fits inside the opening. I am connecting to 8 inch 22 gauge stove pipe. I was thinking about a draw band. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mellow

mellow Resident Stove Connoisseur

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    My Suggestion you may not want to hear but you need to scrap that thing or use it outside for a firepit, honestly those things are not controllable and have run away on many a burner and are not safe.
  3. rfhjr

rfhjr New Member

Loc:
    NC
    Thanks for the message. I understand your point, the stove is in the middle of my workshop on a cement floor. I do not keep anything combustible near it as they are dangerous. I guess I could remove the damper and use an adapter.
  4. mellow

mellow Resident Stove Connoisseur

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    Adapters are going to be hard to find, if you can find one you have to buy the stove it comes with. Best bet would be to buy a rectangle to round insert boot adapter that would sit on top of the stove and then go to 8".

It would look like this:

[​IMG]
  5. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
  6. fbelec

fbelec Minister of Fire

Loc:
    northern massachusetts
    remove the stove damper and put in a pipe damper