1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

adapter pipe question

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by osagebow, Feb 3, 2012.

1. osagebow

osagebow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Got my durango stove delivered yesterday, and getting ready to order my double wall pipe - do I need a small adapter pipe to go from the stove outlet to the first pipe section?

Also, by using two 45 degree angles to off set the pipe a bit , I assume I'll need a third 45 degree to connect it to the wall thimble? I need the stove to sit about 2 feet to the right off the thimble instead of being directly in front of it.

Thanks,
    John

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. KodiakII

KodiakII Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Eastern Ontario
    Either measure the collar on the stove, or ask the dealer you bought it from. I had everything ready to go before I picked up my stove, being 20 minutes to town with no guarantee parts will be in stock is an incentive to plan ahead.
  3. Dune

Dune Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Commonwealth Of Massachussetts
    I would think you would need a 90 or 2 more 45s, but I may not be clear on what you are doing.
  4. osagebow

osagebow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Tried to go with our local dealer - quoted me 450 bucks for the 5 pieces I think I need. I don't mind paying 20% more to a local dude, but this is almost double what most places charge. Then on the way out he said "Hey I can give you a 20% discount...." He seems to cater to a better class of people. Had the same attitude when I wanted to get a pellet stove there. Cheapest was $2500 in 2005.

Nobody else local sells black - all stainless. Guess i'll get what I think will work, and take it back.and go from there LOL...