After using lignetics for years and having a bad experience last winter..What would you purchase out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EarthStove

Hearth Supporter
Jan 15, 2009
Northern MD
Turman or Hamer?

Never burned those brands but from what I read on here both are good. Why not check with the place you got the Lignetics from and see if they have fixed the pellets and maybe give you a deal for having to put up with bad pellets last year. Any customer that got bad pellets from me last year and came back gets a discount for dealing with junk. Now I inspect the pellets to make sure we dont sell anything bad again.

The place I purchased the lignetics from now sells Omalley <GASP>

I guess they didn't learn the lesson about selling quality. What is the price difference between the Hamer and Turman?

Meneillys Woodland Products said:
I guess they didn't learn the lesson about selling quality. What is the price difference between the Hamer and Turman?

The turmans are about 20 cheaper per ton.

I am leaning towards the turmans not just because of price but because of the good reviews here.

Looking at j-takeman's pellet test I would go with the Turman due to the fact that they burn cleaner and they are $20 cheaper.
Turman 4.48 oz ash wt. 256 temp
Hamer 5.35 oz ash wt. 266 temp

Meneillys Woodland Products said:
Looking at j-takeman's pellet test I would go with the Turman due to the fact that they burn cleaner and they are $20 cheaper.
Turman 4.48 oz ash wt. 256 temp
Hamer 5.35 oz ash wt. 266 temp

Maybe j-takeman's testing results should be stickied for quick reference?

I have nothing less than superior results from Hammer Hot Ones for many years.

DMZX said:
Maybe j-takeman's testing results should be stickied for quick reference?

They were......look at the top of the page...."Pellet Forum Sticky links"

Oh, and BTW, either pellet would be good....slight edge to the Hamer's, unless you can get a much better $$ on the Turman's....then go with them.

I didn't like the green label Ligs last year either. I was really happy with the Statesman from Southern States Co-op. Don't know if near one but I've picked up 2 tons so far

I've burnt both & have had more inconsistant batches from Turman. I returned a ton last season due to pellet length (3 inch plus, barely any heat) The replacement batch looked & burned completly different(much hotter, no ash) On the flip side I have never had a problem w/Hammer (Ultra Premiums from Elkins plant). Burned about 12 degrees warmer 270 vs. 258. Look under the Turman hood & check out the pellet, the bag is clear. If they are short & light in color, they're probably fine.

EarthStove said:
Turman or Hamer?
for 20$ cheaper i would go with turman.... great pellet

Thanks everyone.

I am now leaning towards thee hamers but will take a look at the turmans when I go to the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.