Today for the first time I coached my wife on adding a few logs in the middle of the day so I would still have some good coals when I got home from work. I guess I didn't show her the right way to reduce the air control. I came home and found the air control pushed all the way in and the glass was so black that you barely see a flame behind it. There was also some wet looking creosote at the top on the inside of the door. The logs that were in there appeared to have been smoldering since they also were all black. Do you think this was due entirely to the air being completely shut off? The good thing is that I am having a chimney sweep coming out on Friday to see how much buildup I have in my first couple months of burning.