Alaska wood stoves???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sigarms

Mar 14, 2008
central PA
Hello all. Been lurking for months now. Tons of valuable info to be found on this site. I've been reading pros and cons of many of the stoves out there and was trying to find some info on Alaska wood stoves. Living in Central PA I would like to support a local brand, if they were worth their salt. Saw their models at a local dealer, and they seemed to be made fairly stout. The only mention I've seen of them on this site is their Kodiak coal stove. Is there a reason why they don"t seem to be popular?

Since both of their larger stoves are catalytic and require 8" flues that probably limits sales somewhat. That and a limited dealer network.

Made out of 1/4" plate steel and with a 3.5 cf firebox and cat the big one ought to be a sturdy heating beast.

Thanks for the reply Brotherbart. I did forget about that 8" flue. Out of all the stoves I looked at, Alaska's two big ones were the only ones I saw that jumped into the 8" catagory. I am kinda interested in their model 1600, it looked like that one still utilized a 6" flue.

The 1600 looks like a capable heater. I like that front mounted blower.

Status
Not open for further replies.