Alderlea pics and info up on PE's site

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tom,

First: love your website. The best!!!!

Second thanks for those weights. Wow, that T6 is 100 #s more than the Isle Royale and 200# more that my Jotul Castine. How do you move those stoves????? The firebricks, grates and front door can be removed, but that still leaves 450-500 pounds. Jeesh.

We will see all the other specs when the stoves become more accessible and available. And when PE updates their website with official documentation.

Thanks

Niels

Great news. I was a bit suspect when the summit weighed about the same as the alderlea. Since the summit has those tin shrouds and the alderlea is supposed to have heavy cast iron curtains, the weight being the same made me think about just how they made the cast iron weigh the same as tin. The increased weight must be attributed to the increased steel.

Big heavy rocks boil more water than small light rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.