Alderlea T5 Gasket Question (with Video)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dispatcher101

Hearth Supporter
Oct 30, 2009
Colorado
Hey,

I pulled my 3 month old T5 apart today for a good cleaning. I noticed that the gasket for the glass on the side that the door opens on is not very tight. (see youtube link for video below) I don't think I am having any air leak issues as of yet, the stove runs around 625 at it's highest with the air pulled all the way off. Is this something that I need to worry about right now??? I cant imagine that it is the way that it is supposed to fit, but I could be wrong. Any input would be greatly appreciated. If I do indeed need to replace it any advice or directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Looks fine to me. Where it needs to be tight is between the front of the glass and the door frame which appears to be the case.

agree w/ bb

Status
Not open for further replies.