1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Alderlea T5 Owners

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by mking7, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Jayl65

Jayl65 New Member

Just bout my T5 in black porcelain enamel about a month ago. Got it for $2700 plus PE was have a rebate for $200.00 off. Still waiting for my install. Ive been traveling for work the last three months so about to get back home and get it installed.
    raybonz likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Sounds great keep us posted and post some pics or it never happened! ;)

Ray
    PapaDave likes this.
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Yes, porcelain is pricey. Adds $580 to the price. I'd go for the stove in the natural black finish. Ours is standing up very well. Basically it still looks like new.
    raybonz likes this.
  4. thechimneysweep

thechimneysweep Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Bellingham, WA
    Centerline of flue collar to front edge is 17-1/2"
  5. loon

loon Minister of Fire

Loc:
    ont canada
    Glad i went with the T5 king ;) It took me a little bit to get it running right as the fall is really warm here ==c

Its a different heat for sure and i do have a couple fans in the 1600ft ranch style..

Loon

[​IMG]
    raybonz likes this.
  6. mking7

mking7 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    West, TX
    Thank you!
  7. mking7

mking7 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    West, TX
    Ok, I have a better answer for you now. We run it hard. It's finally gotten to be winter here. According to the manual, griddle temps of 500-600 is 'medium' and 600-750 is 'high'. With the 'issues' my stove has it runs hot regardless and I have to watch how much wood I put in but it was chugging along at 650 last night and that was a good place for us. I originally said we like it warm but I think we actually like it HOT. :) Upper 70's to 80 in the main room (includes living room, dining area, kitchen, study and a few small areas) and that keeps our bed rooms (without running box fans)in the mid 60's which is fine for sleeping.

We also have stained concrete flooring so I think all that concrete can make the room feel cooler at times. Either way, what I know is that I wouldn't want anything less than the Encore and if I could go to something that will give the same heat output without running it so hard and giving me better long burns then that's what I'm wanting.
  8. BrowningBAR

BrowningBAR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    Based on this, what I would buy is the T6 if I had the budget for it.

Why?
    • Based on everything on this forum, and what BeGreen has spoken about in regards to the T6, it won't blast you out of the house.
    • You run the Encore hard. This means the T5 and Oslo will be run just as hard (or harder) and will shorten your burn times.
    • You like it warm. The Oslo and T6 will keep you warm, but with the extra capacity of the T6 you will be able to keep warmer, longer, and even on the coldest of nights. Meaning there will never be a point that you will wish you had a little more heat. You will never dread the extra cold spells.
    • Burn times will be long. When you over-size, you get maximum burn times since the stove will still be able to provide the home with usable heat at lower temps.
    That is why I would go with the T6 based on your specific comments.