1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Allnighter Chubby Moe wood/coal

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by cromag53, Oct 21, 2013.

1. cromag53

cromag53 New Member

Loc:
    Enfield, Ct
    I have an Allnighter Chubby Moe wood/coal stove but need the manufacturers paperwork to get permit to install.

Does anyone out there have copies of these I can purchase? Thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    If you cannot find the document you need here (and I can't remember ever seeing this manual) then perhaps they will be OK if you install to NFPA 211 guidelines which are pretty much the maximum protection as far as a stove that is not UL listed?

This document may not be the gospel, but will give you an idea of what's necessary. Run it past them.

Is this to be installed on a combustible floor or concrete or in a fireplace?

Good luck!
  3. cromag53

cromag53 New Member

Loc:
    Enfield, Ct
    Thanks for the advice, If no one comes up with the originals (i know it's a long shot) on the forum, I will follow it and run those docs by them. The company that made my stove went out of business in the 1980's and the model is obscure.
    I'm going to mount it on a fireproof platform on a combustible floor. Thanks again!
  4. brenndatomu

brenndatomu Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Try posting this over on nepacrossroads.com coal burning forum. I think I remember them talking about their chubbys...wait, that didn't sound good. !!! Anyways, I bet someone over there can help you.
    pen likes this.
  5. cromag53

cromag53 New Member

Loc:
    Enfield, Ct
    Great idea! I just registered after clicking on that link, i bet it should produce some response. I'll post it if I get something. Thanks for the tip!