Am I the only one....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck the Canuck

Feeling the Heat
who finds this setting to be the drop dead definition of paradise?

Attachments

• Paradise 3.jpg
    Paradise 3.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 236
  • Paradise 2.jpg
    Paradise 2.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 225
Reactions: Swedishchef
I don't see a fridge.

If it is in Colorado. Starting today.

who finds this setting to be the drop dead definition of paradise?

Hi Chuck. I too, find myself spending an extreme amount of time in the basement workshop during the winter months! What the heck is that all about? Some primeval tendency to hunker down of burrow in for the long months?
Looks nice...now just get some major tongue and groove wood paneling up for wall covering!
What the heck is going on with what is probably the return air on the furnace??Why the round pipe all the way down for a low connection?

Chuck: Keswick Ridge is paradise in the winter. I grew up in Fredericton (20 years there) and would golf at the Quac as a teenager.

Where do you get your wood in Freddy?

ANdrew

LOL, I had something more tropical in mind.

Reactions: Swedishchef
You guys are really twisted ;)

Needs WAY more tools and big chunky handmade wood benches with old paint and stuff on them and it has to smell a little like turpentine and linseed oil. When we sold vintage the first place I went at estate sales as the basement. That's where the good stuff is.

At the moment though, my living room is kickin butt...the tree is down the lights on the doors aren't so those are on, the fire's on, the couch is cozy....It'd be better if I could see outside to the lake though.

What the heck is going on with what is probably the return air on the furnace??Why the round pipe all the way down for a low connection?

I don't really know anything about the set up, I'll have to ask the heat pump guy about that, but you're right, both those round pipes are cold air returns (one from each end of the house). Maybe something to do with the fact that the house is 50 years old and been through several major retrofitting programs over the years.... the place was originally built as a diner to cater to the workforce that was building the Mactaquac Dam back in the early 60's...

Needs WAY more tools and big chunky handmade wood benches with old paint and stuff on them and it has to smell a little like turpentine and linseed oil.

Yeah..... nice, I can picture some nifty old heavy wooden benches and such.... but the zero-gravity lawn chairs are pretty darn comfortable, and a heck of a lot easier to move around.... :)

Chuck: Keswick Ridge is paradise in the winter.

Right on to that brother! I actually resent having to leave here and drive into Fredericton every day to go to work.... :( 10 more years to retirement and full time wood cutting :):):)

Where do you get your wood in Freddy?

I get log length from a feller up by Durham Bridge, out Stanley way.... Great hardwood country... I've got near about 15 cord up by the shop waitin to get CSS.... bloomin snow drives me nuts, and it just don't seem to want to stop this year! :mad:

Looks very inviting, only missing a fridge or a tap and a big ol TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.