American harvest 6039 agitator

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jason210

Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I bought a used 6039 American harvest pellet stove. I ran it for the first time yesterday for a long period of time and it seemed to work fine except the agitator wasn't working and the burnpot seemed to be getting too full and I wasn't getting the heat I expected out of it. Is there anything I should look for? I'm new to pellet stoves and don't know a whole lot about them.

I bought a used 6039 American harvest pellet stove. I ran it for the first time yesterday for a long period of time and it seemed to work fine except the agitator wasn't working and the burnpot seemed to be getting too full and I wasn't getting the heat I expected out of it. Is there anything I should look for? I'm new to pellet stoves and don't know a whole lot about them.

Which control panel do you have, three button or four button?

First thing would be to check that the agitator is turned on from the control board.

If the agitator isn't bound up on or in the pot and the shear pin is connected to the shaft from the gear box then you need to try and see if the gear box is seized up or if the motor is burned out.

Which control panel do you have, three button or four button?

First thing would be to check that the agitator is turned on from the control board.

If the agitator isn't bound up on or in the pot and the shear pin is connected to the shaft from the gear box then you need to try and see if the gear box is seized up or if the motor is burned out.
It is 4 button control panel. I cleaned it pretty good before I used it but I probably could have cleaned it better. The pin is in it. I will try to check it out better tonight. How do I check that it is turned on at the control board? I thought it would turn on automatically. There isn't much Info in the manual about it.

Thanks

It is 4 button control panel. I cleaned it pretty good before I used it but I probably could have cleaned it better. The pin is in it. I will try to check it out better tonight. How do I check that it is turned on at the control board? I thought it would turn on automatically. There isn't much Info in the manual about it.

Thanks
AUX button, push it up or down and it will turn the agitator on and off.

Am I suppose to hear another motor turning? I can really only hear the auger motor for the pellets. I'd assume there is another motor for the agitator.

2cxfgxk.jpg
Am I suppose to hear another motor turning? I can really only hear the auger motor for the pellets. I'd assume there is another motor for the agitator.

If the stove is running the room blower, auger, and convection blower will be louder then the agitator. Without starting the stove run the Factory test it turns on each motor one at a time so you can hear/observe them running.

Last edited: