American Wood Fiber Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rayttt

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 11, 2008
poconos pa
I ordered 4 tons of clean fire pellets from www.pelletsales.com
and today they delivered 4 tons of American Wood Fiber pellets.
I wanted the clean fires because of the good things people on here have said about them,
and now I got this brand and they are not the brand I ordered..Has anyone used these and what opinions does anyone have on them??

i burned them. not bad, i think they are recognized by the pellet fuels institute, which i actually believe means something. my stove actually prefered them over lignetics.

I Called pelletsales and they said they got approval from me.
This is BS..
so it appears as of now that they are trying to pull a fsst one.
The manager is supposed to call me back to day..lets see what happens.

Anyone else getting pellets from pelletsales...make sure when they call which brand they are delivering.

I hope this is an honest mistake on their part and they are not trying to pull a fast one.

The manager called me and said that they cant get enough Cleanfire pellets (see ppl here got thiers after mine Im assuming its a regional thing because of shipping costs)
He convinced me to accept the AWF's
telling me that if they are not acceptable when heating season rolls around to contact them..however at that point what are they going to do?
I decided to try to burn a bag to see how they burn.
I ran my 8000 btu airconditioner and cranked up the stove.
I cant tell about the heat output beings its summer but the ash content is lowest ive seen on any pellet's Ive tried.
the pellets are all small..from pea sized to about 3/4's inch long max.
The bag was a little dusty when I dumped it into the hopper...but didnt really see much fines.
I guess Ill have to wait till it starts getting colder to check the heat output, however I put my p38 on turbo and the flame height looked as high as any other brand on turbo.

As you stated not getting what you asked for is annoying and you will
not know how much you like/dislike these till it's cold enough to run the
stove for a while.

The good news is...Harman's can burn anything, so as long as the pellets are
in good shape and are a premium brand they will heat your home just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.