American Wood Fibers pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a ton last week after I finished what was supposed to be my shoulder pellet. It's been a very warm winter here in CT. Bought a ton for 209 and will definitely be looking to get more. Low fines, low ash and decent heat output.

After burning 6 of the the 10 bags
Nice heat, Not much fines, more ash than expected

I let the hopper run empty today and cleaned the stove good. I picked up 4 bags of AWF and filled her back up. Lets see if it likes these better than the North American Pellets I have been burning. TSC has the AWF's for 214.50 a ton.

There are 2 different types of AWF pellet - American Wood Fiber product. They older bag which I still have from last year and the new blue bag for this year 2012-2013.

They do burn nice. However, there are 2 different factories based on where they shipped from. The longer pellets burn better the shorter one. You can easily tell the longer pellet some are as long as 2 1/2 inches because are are a bit more dirtier and more ash. I found these better.

If you happen to run into the shorter version, you are going to be disappointed. They are less dirtier, much much shorter, barely any ash.

You can find them now are most HD for $209/ton. Good luck!
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.