And the winner is?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HEMI

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 17, 2009
connecticut
HARMAN P43.........after a couple weeks of researching new stoves this one was the better fit for me....I know some of you gave me good info on the multi-fuels but decided not to go in that direction. thanks for the info though....now off to install this thing, should be an easy swap of the englander just an added 6" extension on the pipe.

wow hemi, there you go, what happened to the englander ?
where did you get the P43, blazing stoves in Waterbury maybe?

I liked the p43 but decided on the Santa Fe due to the better look, the p43 reminds me of a toilet....jeje

geek said:

I liked the p43 but decided on the Santa Fe due to the better look, the p43 reminds me of a toilet....jeje
still have the englander, gonna sell it. got the p43 at AFTER GLOW in meriden, he was cheaper and i just found them to be more informative, plus they been there 30 years so they must be doing something right.

HEMI_1500 said:
geek said:

still have the englander, gonna sell it. got the p43 at AFTER GLOW in meriden, he was cheaper and i just found them to be more informative, plus they been there 30 years so they must be doing something right.

I think you will be very happy, there seems to be a ton of happy P43 owners out there.
BTW -- not so sure about the toilet thing, but every one is entitled to their opinion

Well, Congrates hemi. The Harmon is a good choice. It should burn even the lower grade pellets without issues.

But you know what macman is going to say. No pictures means it didn't happen. We await some install photo's from you. Then we can say it really happened.

Were glad for you and hope it performs well and cranks out the heat.
jay

HEMI_1500 said:
geek said:

hemi, that's the same dealer i bought my Santa Fe from and paid $1,599 back in the promotion months. I agree they're good guys, Dave and Tim are very helpful.

if i may ask, how much you paid for the unit?

HEMI_1500 said:
HARMAN P43.........after a couple weeks of researching new stoves this one was the better fit for me....I know some of you gave me good info on the multi-fuels but decided not to go in that direction. thanks for the info though....now off to install this thing, should be an easy swap of the englander just an added 6" extension on the pipe.

Well, I'm sure glad to hear that not everybody is poor these days.

Gee, I feel a bit guilty for possibly coining that phrase last year when I mentioned that my Harman P-38 resembled a black toilet bowl.
The design might be classic alright but it does qualify as one ugly duckling. (my opinion only)
But as long as it runs as good as it does I`m gonna live with it.

geek said:
HEMI_1500 said:
geek said:

hemi, that's the same dealer i bought my Santa Fe from and paid $1,599 back in the promotion months. I agree they're good guys, Dave and Tim are very helpful.

if i may ask, how much you paid for the unit?
It was 2300, everybody else i checked with was 2500......i was there last weekend and talked with Tim for about an hour....went back today and got it from him.....good to know u got it there we can share dealer experience.....i think it will be good with them...BTW nice deal you got...was lookin at that model i believe it was 21 or 2200

$2300 sounds like a good deal. Plus your getting the local support. Thats worth something too!

It's not just the price of the stove, Its the whole package.

$2,300 sounds about right.
The P38 was also $1,599 back in the promotional months but it doesn't have an auto igniter. Except for the looks in the back, I really liked the p43, looked like a very strong stove and good design inside, I'm sure you'll enjoy that horse power.

Jesus said:
seems i can only gargle & not quite swallow all this= i got an eng25 as others & worx well thus i assume that u may be advertising for a $ interest =i aint seen nothing about the resolution of ur 25pdvc after i offered tests for solutions & NOT EXCLUDING POSSIBLE FACTORY DEFECTS!
I'm not advertising anything, and as far as the resolution goes you won't be seeing anything about it because its sitting in my garage collecting dust now, and don't give two rats asses about it.

HEMI_1500 said:
Jesus said:
seems i can only gargle & not quite swallow all this= i got an eng25 as others & worx well thus i assume that u may be advertising for a $ interest =i aint seen nothing about the resolution of ur 25pdvc after i offered tests for solutions & NOT EXCLUDING POSSIBLE FACTORY DEFECTS!
I'm not advertising anything, and as far as the resolution goes you won't be seeing anything about it because its sitting in my garage collecting dust now, and don't give two rats asses about it.

I only gave one rats a$$ about my bigE.

Pook, in no way has hemi ever even dished the Englander. It just didn't work out for him, So he moved on. I could see hassling him about it if he was bad mouthing the Englanders. I have yet to hear any real complaints. Just some grumbling about it not running well. So he spend a little more this time and got a stove with more bells and whistles. He upgraded to a more expensive stove. Nothing wrong with that. It called boosting the economy!

My 2
jay

By the way I was REAL happy when the bigE was carted away. I think I even dance a little!

Jesus said:
jtakeman said:
HEMI_1500 said:
Jesus said:

I only gave one rats a$$ about my bigE.

Pook, in no way has hemi ever even dished the Englander. It just didn't work out for him, So he moved on. I could see hassling him about it if he was bad mouthing the Englanders. I have yet to hear any real complaints. Just some grumbling about it not running well. So he spend a little more this time and got a stove with more bells and whistles. He upgraded to a more expensive stove. Nothing wrong with that. It called boosting the economy!

My 2
jay

By the way I was REAL happy when the bigE was carted away. I think I even dance a little!
THIS SITE IS FINE WITH 25PDVC IN GENERAL, got 1 myself, dissing the 25 & promoting a harman thru pure testimony is an easy way to advertize & i personally offered proposals to resolve the 25 issue to the extent that the 25 was FACTORY DEFECTIVE which seemed to have never been follwed thru even though a replacement/rebate might have been available = B$ to me . holton does good ithinx on here & hemi seemed to dismiss him without explanation, besides lotta harman complaints i see currently popping up.
if i dont make sense just read the title of this post & thinx
I did talk with mr. holton and he was very very helpfull, just because i didn't share our conversations doesn't mean i dismissed him.....you couldn't be more out in left field on this topic than you already are . i also spoke with englander and i choose not to go into this any further......and YES that means im promoting silience on this topic....have a good night pook

HEMI_1500 said:
.....It was 2300, everybody else i checked with was 2500.....

Hemi, glad to hear you finally have something you are happy with. Harman makes a pretty good stove....hope you have many years of great trouble-free heat with it.

BTW, not only did you get a good price, don't forget the 30% Tax Credit you get, so the stove really will only cost you $1610.

That was one of the reasons I bought the new stove too....My $1345 stove actually will only coast me $942

Status
Not open for further replies.