And you thought your stove had cool secondaries!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

precaud

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny New Mexico
www.linearz.com
One of the Nestor Martin guys playing with the remote on one of their new stoves (TLH33), making quite a light show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdCscWhoBHE

I like this company very much, they really do a great job of merging art and practicality in their designs. Too bad they're so bloody expensive. I don't think this model is being brought into the US.

I can't believe noone has commented on this, it's the best secondary light show I've seen on any stove ever. I could sit for hours and enjoy this.

(Two hours, to be precise, given the size load it will take.)

That is an interesting stove for sure and you are right about the secondaries. Just too bad we don't speak the same language as we miss much of the effect of the videos.

Pretty cool. They have a lot of interesting stoves across the pond.

That is awesome! Id that secondary tube glowing red? Is that common when things are working/burning correctly? How hot is that stove running(estimation of course) or how hot is your stove running when it looks like this? Just curious?

Cool show. I wonder how much "factory setting" is involved in this video. I would probably drop 5k on the stove, 2k on the install, and get black, smokey glass and no light show. :shut:

I really like that tall firebox with the large glass door.....and im wondering if you can control both the primary and secondary air in that stove? Either way, they do make some neat stoves across the pond. thanks for the link!

Mine.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Uw6cdxgklFs[/youtube]

HotCoals, that's a good light show! Wish mine would do it.

realstihl said:
HotCoals, that's a good light show! Wish mine would do it.
It prolly will..just crank it up then slam the air down.
That's really what they are doing.

Bob, my X33 isn't as tall as that one and I've never tried to get it to do those kind of effects. I just use it to heat my lab and I love the big fire view. It looks like they're using small-ish splits and I think the stove height has a lot to do with it, those flames are loooong. You'd certainly have to have the stove warmed up to do it. It's not easy to get a clean burn with a tall firebox. It has one secondary "tube", right in the corner where the baffle and the back meet. My X33 is a convection type (fully jacketed) so I don't know how hot the surface is. But I burn it hot like I do all my stoves. The thermo on the pipe is typically in the 400F range.

Scotty, I don't know if it has secondary air controls or not, it kinda looks like it in the teardown, that air control box is different than on mine. It does have a control to vary the proportion of airwash versus underfire (through the grate) air. That is wonderful for burning down coals when they build up. The stove is just as hot then as when its flaming; inside is even hotter, 'cause no dilution air.

Status
Not open for further replies.