Another Cat Shot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatsTwice

Minister of Fire
Jan 7, 2008
Santa Rosa, California
Our cats get bored on raining days. So I turn on wild life TV shows for them. It keeps 'em busy for a little while at least. After they try to catch the images on the screen and fail, they go back to being bored.
BootsAndDopeyWatchingTV.compressed.jpg

When you say Cat Shot, this is all I can think of. :rolleyes:

cat shot.jpg

not a one of my 3 cats cares even the slightest for the tele. One like his tail, and his paper bag (he also enjoys sitting in the laundry basket with the clean clothes, never the dirty clothes). The other 2 don't seem to care much about anything except siting on me....on my lap if I'm sitting, or on my face, chest, leg, arm...wherever if I'm trying to sleep. I dont know how they do it, but my cats all know when it 6:55 AM...Kitty Chronometers. My wife says there are now Apps for tablets and Ipad that are geared toward our furry friends.....fascinating.

I thought this was another cat vs non-cat wood stove thread.

My cat gets bored in the rain here and sleeps mostly, but he was complaining about all the rain we had here in June. So I opened up the crawlspace under the house and he was happy to go hunting down there. He bagged several mice the first couple of days, which was what I wanted. Once the crawlspace was cleaned out of rodents, he went back to being bored. He lives to hunt. Otherwise its a big yawn, curl up and snooze.

My cat -- Harry S Truman -- amused himself this morning while I was in the shower by tearing up the toilet paper. I got out of the shower to find the roll completely shredded as though a mountain lion had attacked it, a pile of shredded TP on the floor that looked like a mouse nest and Truman sitting beside the bathroom sink with a small piece of TP hanging out of his mouth. It wasn't too hard to figure out who the miscreant was . . .

I thought a rouge cougar was klilled LOL....bein' in Cali....
My neighbor cat passes the time hunting my 7 year old for sport. - Love / hate that cat. They also have a bitey new puppy. He just gets tore up, but keeps messin' with them ;lol

Dog and Wife to hog bed as I load stove ...gott'a empathize with that!

My cat steals my leather recliner when I load the stove, even though he has the better recliner for himself. He is a huge 20 pounder, 2x the weight of my ex's stupid yappity micro mutt.

Reactions: osagebow
cool kitty fishing -does the double paw seem to affect agility?

cool kitty fishing -does the double paw seem to affect agility?

No, I've read that kittens can have a little harder time learning to walk, but she is like spiderman clinging to everything. She has an extra claw between the "thumb" and rest of her paw on each side. Those extra claws do not retract, so we have to trim it on occassion as they get long. It looks like she is wearing mittens. She is a fine little cat.

Reactions: osagebow
Our "double paw"cat had about 17 nails on his front paws. The vet did a reduction that still left him with a big mitts. In his younger days, he would bring home rabbits, and woodcock. Now all he wants is his cat food. We have to change the brands frequently or he sticks his nose up and "demands" something else.

My first two Manx cats were double pawed -- Teddy Roosevelt (who went MIA last Fall) and his sister Thumper. With Teddy we had to trim one of his nails . . . no agility problems with Teddy . . . Thumper however has spina bifida which causes her to hop like a rabbit (hence the name). Both cats were a wicked sight to see when they decided to raise their paw to whack something.

Attachments

• teddyY.jpg
    teddyY.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 219
My cat loved to gaurd the wood pile. He actually sleeps between the stacks and kills mice. Then he brings them into the house through the dog door and brings them to the wife. She is not impressed with his kills when he leaves them in the bed !

When they get really bored, they practice doing nothing - in formation. Fossil, you make like this. The one on the right is the wing commander.
3CatsInFormation.compressed.jpg

Wow, that is a husky cat.

catTree.jpg
So thats where cats come from. I wonder what kind of tree that is.

Wow, that is a husky cat.
He's a big neutered male. He's a cool cat. Stick your head out the door, if he's within calling distance he comes. Also likes to bring in unharmed live rabbits, chipmunks, flying squirrels, etc, through our doggie door. Then he lets them go for us to catch, LOL. He is a good mouser. He'll let you do just about anything to him. Comb, remove a tick, even rolls over on his back and lets my Jack Russell pup maul him. I'll have to video those two having a ball.

It's play time, TC my cat is really tolerable of Benny. He let's Benny know when it's enough. Cat is good100_7068.JPG as he was once in Benny's place as a kitten with the dogs.

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Here's TC and my Jack Russell Benny having play time. TC is really good to Benny. He lets him know when play time is over. TC was once the terror to the dogs when he was a kitten.

Our cat is a real people lover. We've had him since he was weaned. He's almost 17 now. Lately he's taken to getting his drinking water from the oddest places. He kept jumping up and drinking out of the watering can so I now keep it on the floor for him. The bowl of water next to him is fresh, but not as good as bird bath or plant water for some reason.
minpin.jpg minpin_web.jpg

Reactions: charly
Our cat is a real people lover. We've had him since he was weaned. He's almost 17 now. Lately he's taken to getting his drinking water from the oddest places. He kept jumping up and drinking out of the watering can so I now keep it on the floor for him. The bowl of water next to him is fresh, but not as good as bird bath or plant water for some reason.
View attachment 72010 View attachment 72011
Male cats seem to be super friendly. Ours is a big lover boy as well. He was a barn kitten that we got from friends down the road. Turned out to be a great cat. Nice thing is he stays right around close on our farm, even knows to come in at night so the coyotes don't have him for a meal.

Thought this was a stove site? Are these cats stove related?

We don't see our cats from April to November unless it is dinner time. From Thanksgiving to spring we know exactly where they are...

Img_5432_b.jpg

KaptJaq

Status
Not open for further replies.