1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Another Cat Shot

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by HeatsTwice, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    Laughing at these pics. I have 2 half cats (shih tzus), so I guess that makes one

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    IMG_0545web.jpg

Here ya go KJ. Needless to say, he loves the stove. His bed is right next to it.
  3. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine

I've had two partial Manxs . . . and both of them loved drinking from the bathroom faucet . . . in fact Truman and I now have a morning ritual that involves him getting a drink, playing with a comb and lately him beating up the toilet paper which does not impress my wife.

Here is the late, great Teddy Roosevelt (white) . . . and Truman (gray) . . . and Truman's "brother" Jackson who doesn't drink from the sink, but does like curling up there for a nap.

Attached Files:

4. HeatsTwice

HeatsTwice Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Santa Rosa, California
    I also have a stove cat.

MiloandStove.compressed.jpg
  5. charly

charly Guest

I read that they feel when I cat brings you mice, etc, they are doing so as to feed you back for taking care of them. How true that is , who knows. I know when I feed my cat his favorite, chicken livers, he usually brings me a mouse that day. Is that a gesture of thanks?
  6. charly

charly Guest

Yes they are the heat sponges of the stoves;).
  7. Adios Pantalones

Loc:
    I think that calling it "thanks" may be an assumption. However, if you think about wild species of cats, they would be trying to feed their pride/family/etc.
    charly likes this.
  8. HeatsTwice

Loc:
    Santa Rosa, California
    Yea but I've noticed that they always keep the best parts for themselves. We've had "talks" about this. I once sunk a bird beak into my foot as I stepped on it. Its head was all that there was left and it (the beak) was sticking straight up.

List of gifts from my cats (best parts eaten though):

moles
    voles
    lizards
    snakes
    mice
    rats
    cockroaches
    flys
    spiders (mostly black widows - strange, they seem to know that they are dangerous).
    bats (I've seen them climb trees durring the day to catch an upside down sleeping bat.)
    squirls
    possums
    birds - even parakeets. I once saw my yellow cat try to catch a 2 foot tall Vulture and then he tried to jump on the back of another one as it was starting to fly away.

They all chase foxes, deer, racoon, crows, red tail hawks and possums off the property. I'm glad for this. They would make a mess if parts of one of those showed up in the kitchen or master bedroom.

Our female cat doesn't actually kill its prey. Just plays with it and then brings it live into the house. I can't tell you how many time I've found California King snakes slitherin' around my living room. It must be that she likes their black and white coloring (same as her). At least SHE leaves the best parts for me. Notice the resemblance?

Attached Files:

9. charly

charly Guest

My male cat does the same thing, Rabbits, flying and red squirrels, chipmunks and your standard mouse. All in perfect shape loose in the house! Those wood stove gloves have more then one use!;)
  10. HeatsTwice

Loc:
    Santa Rosa, California
    This cat brings game home live for us to have a breif "meet and greet" before the fun begins. If we try to set if free the cat gets ferocious/dangerous. We figure he just wants to show off what a good a hunter he is. Again, I just get the left overs.

MiloCatchingRat.2.compressed.jpg MiloCatchingRat.1.compressed.jpg LionMainedCat.jpg
    charly likes this.
  11. HeatsTwice

Loc:
    Santa Rosa, California
    What is a half cat? Do you have pictures? I've never heard of a shih tzus. Should probably look it up.......oh, its a dog. But seems like a lovable one which won't bite a hole in your arm like some of my cats (especially the yellow one).
  12. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    They're a half dog that sound something like you curse at when you step in it. :p
  13. HeatsTwice

Loc:
    Santa Rosa, California
    "Here's TC and my Jack Russell Benny having play time. TC is really good to Benny. He lets him know when play time is over. TC was once the terror to the dogs when he was a kitten."

Great video. Only looked at it now. I love dogs. We had one but it flew away. Starbase command relayed in a subspace message his last whereabouts as passing through the Neutral Zone on his way to Romulus in hot pursuit of the plastic chewed up head of a barbie doll.

StarShipDog.jpg
  14. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Loved this pic!
  15. charly

charly Guest

Thanks for the video compliment! That's a great picture of your dog! Starbase command is a riot!
  16. jeepmedic

jeepmedic Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Cashton, WI
    awesome :)
  17. Adios Pantalones

Loc:
    Here's the shih tzus
    [​IMG]

And here's Chloe hangin at home. I would not eff with her when she's been drinkin'

[​IMG]
  18. Bxpellet

Bxpellet Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Bronx, NY
    here's my cats as one gets off the other jumps right up!

Attached Files:

19. HeatsTwice

Loc:
    Santa Rosa, California
    Well back to those darn cats. Last Sunday "I guess" one of them hauled this into the house. This time it left all the good parts for me. I had to cut off its head before the Wife came home and freaked.

Left picture: A happy rattle snake.

Right picture: A sad rattle snake.

HappyRattleSnake.JPG SadRattleSnake.JPG
    ScotO and save$ like this.
  20. Grisu

Grisu Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chittenden, VT
    Your avatar is well chosen. I am again sooooo glad I live in Vermont. (shudder) How is your cat doing?
    save$ likes this.
  21. HeatsTwice

Loc:
    Santa Rosa, California
    He seems normal to me at least.....

Click on the picture to see the whole shot.

I think this is the one who brought it in as his markings match that of the rattle snake. We call him Carlos: he who wears rattlesnake pajamas.

Attached Files:

22. save$

save$ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chelsea Maine
    I can stand a lot, but not snakes. I had a cat who played with snakes, but he did't bring them inside. If rattle snake was in my house, that would be cause to move.
  23. HeatsTwice

Loc:
    Santa Rosa, California
    People get them around here a lot. The really don't bother people unless harassed. This one didn't do anything even when I was decapitating it. It just sat there while I held it down with a broom head and took its head off with a machete.
    ScotO likes this.
  24. Hearth Mistress

Hearth Mistress Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    That is amazing! I have had Jack Russells over 15 years, all rescues but NONE of mine would ever tolerate a cat like that! Liam, who we lost last summer, we actually got from the SPCA because his owner died, the daughter took him in and he attacked her cat. He never went after anything but squirrels and cats. I guess if we raised them together with cats it would be a different story but as adopted as adults, you get what you get :) My guys now only see cats at the vet and they go nuts. That cat is too funny. Not sure if Benny is small for the breed or that cat is big but I just watched it again, too cute!
    charly likes this.
  25. ScotO

ScotO Guest

he'd have gotten skin't out and throwed on the skillet......they're kinda tasty, you know.....