another CL Harman steal in Pa.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an excellent price even if it needs components.

I ? the age of the stove , at least the doors are newer. Very good price with trim package. Could replace both fans, ESP and board and still be under $1500

Hopefully someone here can snatch it up.

I'm tempted just because I'm so close, and its priced so well. I don't even need another..

I've always thought about a crosslink boiler conversion... maybe this is a good candidate.

Reactions: bags
I've always thought about a crosslink boiler conversion... maybe this is a good candidate.
Wouldn't run out of hot water with it.

I ? the age of the stove , at least the doors are newer. Very good price with trim package. Could replace both fans, ESP and board and still be under $1500
The listing says running and he is currently using it. What would be the benefit of replacing these components?

Or were you just talking in generalities?

I am just saying that even if the stove developed some problem its still very affordable to repair any or all the working components as it is out of warranty which for some don't want to worry about getting bit by a repair in the short future.

Reactions: john193
That was fast. Listing is now deleted.

Knew it wouldn't last long

Was perusing our local CL listings and there are a gob of stoves on there.. Too bad most are overpriced or beat to hell.. I like the CL (in excellent condition) and looks like it sat outside for a decade...............

Me thinks the time to buy used in July or August.....

Reactions: Defiant and bags
Was perusing our local CL listings and there are a gob of stoves on there.. Too bad most are overpriced or beat to hell.. I like the CL (in excellent condition) and looks like it sat outside for a decade...............

Me thinks the time to buy used in July or August.....
Same here. I don't need one but would pick one up at a good price for my basement for when I event finish it. Saw a harman XXV on there originally purchased in 2009 the owner wants 3150. They are 3899 brand new. I think people forget heating oil isn't hovering 4 bucks a gallon.

Propain is around $1.50 and seems no supply issues either. Pellet stove sales seem to be very slow now. 2 52i's now on CL for $1700

If the price of oil keeps where it is for the majority of the year I wonder if we will see a dip in pellet prices. I'm paying 25 more a ton for barefoots than I was 2 years ago. And even lowes which had pellets for 219 a ton last year is now at 279.

Have been looking like crazy and finding nothing decent around us. Too few pellet users, and a couple of guys snap up most of the decent CL deals instantly and rebuild / resell. If I didn't have a weekend full of projects already I might have been on my way to Allentown.

If the price of oil keeps where it is for the majority of the year I wonder if we will see a dip in pellet prices. I'm paying 25 more a ton for barefoots than I was 2 years ago. And even lowes which had pellets for 219 a ton last year is now at 279.

Pellets use a lot of electricity to produce. Electricity prices are generally not down.

The move away from coal has made electricity expensive. Some seasonal price hiking too.

Status
Not open for further replies.