1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Another dead Quadra fire Castile

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Buckshot721, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Buckshot721

Buckshot721 New Member

I just finished reading the "castile 100% dead" thread. It's almost the exact same thing for me! At first the stove would not feed. Found a bad vac switch (the old square one) replaced it with the new type. Turned it on and it took right off. About 3 hours after the repair, heard a loud click and the stove shut down. Checked the feed tube snap disk . Not tripped, fuse was blown. Replaced fuse still no lights on box. Bought a new box set it in, stove took off burning nice! About 3 hours later heard another loud click and stove shut down again. This time the fuse did not blow, but I have no lights on the box. Checked the snap disk again, was not tripped. Checked the wiring nothing appears to be shorted or burned. Called the dealer, he said maybe a bad box? The metal heat sink was very hot to the touch when it shut down. Now what?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Being a New member, I'll give you a "Bump" back up.

Is this unit on a surge protector? Have you checked line voltage to the unit?
  3. Buckshot721

Buckshot721 New Member

Did not have it on a surge for the 2nd box. Got power, been reading threw the past postings. Seems to me the control boxes arent the best in the world. The transformer on the last 2 boxes seem to have failed (brown and stinks). Maybe tomorrow i will try to pull the assembly the control box sits on. Look for fried wires or something.
  4. tjnamtiw

tjnamtiw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    North Georgia
    Damn!!! All these Castiles biting the dust is starting to make me look at mine and wondering where I put the 'holy water'...... sheeet. That's the second guy that heard a SNAP.
  5. Buckshot721

Buckshot721 New Member

Got the stove pulled apart now, checked every inch of wiring. Nothing, maybe thinking a motor is going south?