Another newbie checks in..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taperbill

Hearth Supporter
Oct 19, 2010
Pine City, MN
I have been lurking for about a week..after seeing corn going over $5.50 and thought it might be time for wooodies.
Thanks to all who post it was great to see many of my questions already answered.

My 1st post will contain these 2 gems..

For Lumber Jack premium .. Lambert's in North Branch $194 for pallet.
For Indeck .. Rush City.. $200 per pallet

I loaded my St. Croix Greenfield up for the 1st night of pellets only..Full hooper at 6.30pm with LJ and it was still going at 9 am this morning..a burn rate I NEVER got with corn..mmm ..YOU guys already Knew that?

Another note..I didn't switch burn pots or anything as my stove guy said with a wink..dont bother..

so thanks again for all the postings..
my sig means a life of drywall..

Bill

Hiya from a fellow St Croix owner!
Welcome to the forum!!

Well howdy neighbor, welcome! I like the indecks.

Welcome to the forum Bill....how about a pic of the stove burning pellets?

Welcome Bill ! Burnt the indecks last year with no problems and good heat. Tried some of the latest L J as i was told they were getting it together at the plant in hayward. Pretty good pellet IMO, way better than last years! Still learn something new everyday here at the forums as the people here are a great source of information! Yeah, how about a picture and putting your stove setup in your signature line. Take Care, Scott

Taperbill said:
my sig means a life of drywall..

Bill

After struggling as a DIY'er with drywall, my heart goes out to you!!!! Never again for me. I'll call YOU!!!!!! Welcome aboard.

After 35 years of taping.. I giggle while watching homeowners do their own taping.
They get more on themselves than the wall..and all that dust?..mmm
When you visit Mall Of America in Mn.. Look up and wonder..how they did that?

I can tell you how and who.

At least it aint concrete,..you can always fix taping .

I'm convinced that drywall hanging and taping are an art form and skill set well beyond most home owners. There must be so many 'tricks of the trade' and a LOT of practice to get it right.

What made it even worse for me was that the idiot builders didn't have a ceiling joist parallel within two inches! I'm sure you know how to handle that but my kids learned a lot of new words that week!!!

My wife can handle the tape and mudding and is far better at it than a number of so called professionals are.

I think it comes from all of the fine detailed work she does as a hobby.

I can do the hanging, but I leave other than simple mud work to her.

I wont go so far as to call it a art form..but

Someone who only does it 1 or 2 times a year will not get any better at it..
Kinda like golf..Some dont consider it a sport..or my current fav..bowling.
It aint hard at fun levels..
Try it when some money is on the line..

same with drywall.

try it 80 feet in the air with a deadline..
I am just glad my wife likes it..and white crumbs all over the house..
but now with retirement..no more.

Just pellets!

Howdy taperbill, Glad you joined us.

We have lots of pellet talk here, So you come to the right place. :)

Welcome aboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.