Another Piping Plan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbatko

Jul 24, 2008
SW WI
Another newcomer to the site with a piping plan needing help. I have been monitoring the site for some time and, having little experience in hydronics, learned much but not enough. I have come up with a plan that hopefully will work for me.
I picked up my Econoburn 200 recently and am currently modifying a corner of a pole bldg for a boiler room. There is also a 1000 gal LP tank in the bldg for storage. My heat load includes a 110k btu hot water coil in my forced air furnace and future DHW in the house. There will also be a 45k btu hot water unit heater in the shop located in the same bldg as the bioler but in a different room.
One of my concerns about this plan is when charging the storage tank will the hot water flow back through the storage circulator or will the primary loop, because it in running, stop the flow and will all the circulation go back to the boiler?
I would appreciate any comments or suggestions as I'm anxious to get started plumbing.

Brian

Hope the file gets attached...

Attachments

• pipeplan2.jpg
    pipeplan2.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 331
Status
Not open for further replies.