1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Another Prescott EXP problem

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by RWB1, Dec 5, 2012.

1. RWB1

RWB1 Member

Loc:
    STILLWATER, NY
    Put a new, updated board in the stove ....pressed the on button...4 minutes later fire, no problem.....well...5 minutes later the #3 light on the board starts flashing meaning the "POF" switch tripped the shutdown.
    I read the manual, hit the re-start button and off we go again...fire...4 minute burn then off again. The 3rd time I re-set it it was ok and I let it burn for a few hrs on #3.
    Tonight I try it again and the same thing....POF trips and the stove goes out. Is the switch bad or could it be the shitty left over bag of pellets I got with the stove...maybe damp, not throwing off enough heat?
    The stove is a little over a year old, completely cleaned ...and then some. I think the damper is set right according to the manual and other threads I have read on the sight.

Any prescott owners feel free to yell at me if I am doing something wrong....

thanks for he help

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. cptnrrrr

cptnrrrr Member

Loc:
    United States
    Hello RWB,
    Is your POF Switch making good contact with the combustion fan? Since you are eventually reaching the POF I would not think that it would be the switch itself or the new control board, please check this
  3. RWB1

RWB1 Member

Loc:
    STILLWATER, NY
    Good call....I will pull it off tonite and make sure its getting good contact.
  4. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    You might also have a loose connection at the new controller.
  5. RWB1

RWB1 Member

Loc:
    STILLWATER, NY
    the controller has a pretty firm snap connector...but hey, I will re-connect it and see what happens.

thanks