Another red oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dairyman

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2011
Southwest MO
I finished working in the shop today and stepped outside to see this one down not 150 yrds away. Didn't hear a thing. 2012-03-22_18-30-35_883-1.jpg 2012-03-22_18-29-45_784-1.jpg

Reactions: smokinj
Thats my favorite to split. Looks like it took some fence with it

Reactions: Dairyman
I guess you have answered the age-old question that asks if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a noise? Apparently not.

Reactions: Dairyman and ScotO
Thats my favorite to split. Looks like it took some fence with it
It was used as a corner on the fence so there is some damage but it couldn't have fell in a better spot.

What took it down? A storm?

Chief we've gotten close to 8" of rain sense Monday. Nothing bad today I guess it was just its time.

Dairyman, I saw the radar and knew you were getting hammered with the rain. Well, at least you got some good firewood and now will have to set a good corner post.

Reactions: Dairyman
Looks from here like it might be a Black...pretty good-sized too.

I've almost finished bucking the tops. Moved the cattle out so I don't have to worry about them getting on the road. Bad news it has a hollow spot, I'll have to wait to see how far down it goes because I'm off the the hayfield. I still can't believe it's only March.2012-03-26_19-28-05_39-1.jpg 2012-03-26_19-28-41_120-1-1.jpg 2012-03-26_19-29-21_746-1.jpg

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.