Another score that DELIVERS!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
I recieved a call from one of my guys at a local tree service and said he needed to get rid of some stuff, do I have any room? Sure, Jeff you know what to do.

Red oak and some yellow tulip.

KC

Attachments

• DEB trees 001.jpg
    DEB trees 001.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 457
  • DEB trees 002.jpg
    DEB trees 002.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 487
  • DEB trees 003.jpg
    DEB trees 003.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 467
A couple more. I have not played with the saw for a while, so I had to buck a few.

KC

Attachments

• DEB trees 004.jpg
    DEB trees 004.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 452
  • DEB trees 005.jpg
    DEB trees 005.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 463
Just curious....Those rounds already cut and stacked.......will you leave them like that or will you split them? Trying to figure out how big of a round I can leave to season....Thanks

Nice Score.... Delivered is even better.

iskiatomic said:
I recieved a call from one of my guys at a local tree service and said he needed to get rid of some stuff, do I have any room? Sure, Jeff you know what to do.

KC

Off the mountain (The Trees are Safe) back to the wood, nice score. We received about 2-3 inches of snow during the night but we are supposed to get temps in the 50's starting on Sunday for the whole week.

zap

Nordic, those will all be split. I have learned the long and hard way. Split them. Left in the round it will take a month of Sundays to season. Generally anything over 2 1/2 inches gets split. The smaller stuff goes into the fire pit.

Nice chilly start to the day, going over to DouginCt's to split today. More pics later.

Ski day tomorrow!!!!!!

KC

Off the mountain (The Trees are Safe) back to the wood, nice score. We received about 2-3 inches of snow during the night but we are supposed to get temps in the 50’s starting on Sunday for the whole week.

Thank's Zap. Nooooooooooo! I'm no where done skiing for the season. I have about 12+ days planned for the rest of the season. It's still deep in northern VT.

I have my Zap cap on and ready to go out and do some splitting.

KC

Master of Fire......If you were to leave those rounds without splitting for the 2013/2014 season......would they be ready? Thanks

iskiatomic said:
I see the Tulip but where's the Red Oak, already split?

NordicSplitter said:
If you were to leave those rounds without splitting for the 2013/2014 season......would they be ready? Thanks
I haven't experimented with Poplar too much. I know it's supposed to dry fast but some of those rounds are pretty big...

NordicSplitter said:
Master of Fire......If you were to leave those rounds without splitting for the 2013/2014 season......would they be ready? Thanks

Nordic, we usually leave rounds if they are 5" or less. They will take a bit longer to dry but in our case, it is a non-issue as we leave our wood for a few years in the stack before burning.

Also, realize that it greatly depends upon what type of wood you are talking about. For example, a soft maple I would not hesitate in burning after a year. That same size round of oak would wait 4 years for us. The harder the wood, the longer to dry.

Back to your question about the 2013-2014 season, the popple, yes; the oak, no.

Ken, it is a shame you have not had much of a good year for skiing. On the other hand, you've put up a lot of wood. Also, March is far from being over so I'd expect snow in the mountains for quite some time yet. But, the warm coming at us will melt a lot!

Poor poor Doug....
that yard is gittin ripped up again tonite after some adult beverages....just a feeling... :shut:

Nice score...
I am trying like hell to find a local tree guy to get some free fire wood.....I always make small conversation when patients come in for testing..about their line of work.... ;-) Ya never know when an opportunity may present itself...never hurts to ask... :cheese:

Gamma, the yard is safe. Yes, there have been adult beverages. I however have a bigger picture in mind............... SKIING tomorrow!!!!!!!

Besides, we were at Doug's all day the sled is here, but ummmmmmmmmmm well? Nope! done for the night. Chill time. Up real early for the day tomorrow, well no earlier than usual.

KC

Geesh - I can't believe you actually have to answer the phone to get free wood delivered. Maybe you can put a message on your phone stating, "leave it by the pile"!!

That way you would not have to work so hard for your BTU's

I need to find a resource like that - delivered logs is about as good as it gets. Congrats on a fine score

Status
Not open for further replies.