any ideas? status light blinks 3 times

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
I unplug it and wait still blinks manual says esp temps? What exactly does that mean?
Any ideas?

Clean your ESP sensor? It could be bad, or just dirty...

First troubleshooting step is always to do a full clean. pipe and all. it resolves 98% of most problems.

I did do a complete cleaning ... It was when I plugged it in is when I got the blinks

Perhaps you damaged the ESP during cleaning the exhaust path.

Time for a new ESP.

Eric

Great..... Does this mean I can not fire it up?

iceman said:

As soon as you get a new probe it will fire up.

Eric

kinsman stoves [email said:
[email protected][/email]]
iceman said:

As soon as you get a new probe it will fire up.

Eric

Ok, will it still start and run? Or the blinks will stop it from starting?

76brian said:
Perhaps you damaged the ESP during cleaning the exhaust path.

That would be my luck
It only blinks when I plug it in, was lucky I even caught it...
Looks like the furnace will be on back up duty tonight!

I am gonna run it for a few hrs see if anything happens ... If it will start ..lol
Thanks everyone for the assistance!

That's one thing about a good ol' wood stove. You can bounce a solid piece of oak off the back wall heaving it through the front door without worrying about all these flimsy sensors getting broken just because you're using it. The ESP sensor on my Harman PF100 furnace is as flimsy as it gets for something that can totally put you out of business.

Well its running with no blinks amazing how much better they run after cleaning ... That was after a month of intermittent use
Turned it up and back down seems to be normal .. will check again later

Status
Not open for further replies.