Any Napoleon reps/dealers out there

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkupcha

Hearth Supporter
Dec 21, 2006
THis has been my 4 year battle with Napoleon over the bending hinges of my NZ6000 fireplace. ALthough my dealer/installer has been extremely helpful, Napoleon has been awful. Rarely returning my dealers calls, and dragging their feet forever, after 4 yrs they eventually admitted that the fireplace has a design fault. They told me a fix had been designed and I should ask for it. Once we did, they ignored us for 6 months then just yesterday they informed my dealer that the new retro-cam hinges would cost $160.
Going around Napoleon, my dealer paid a tool/dye maker to manufacture 4 new hinges out of a solid block of steel. THese homemade hinges fit perfectly but need to be evaluated over a season or more. I've attached a picture of the new ones and the hollow bending ones that came with the stove. You can easily tell them apart. If any Napoleon owners need to contact me feel free and if any dealers/reps want to explain why Napoleon was so bad I'd be happy to listen. Feel free to PM me.

I have been contacted by 6 other NZ6000 owners who have had the same problem experiences with Napoleon. I cannot recommend Napoleon at this time because of their customer service. Sincerely - Joe

Attachments

• IMG_1465.jpg
    IMG_1465.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 461
I would if the market was broad enough, I can't imagine there are enough of NZ6000 owners to make it worth while. Thanks for the idea though.

This is how Napoleon can afford to offer products at such competitive prices. If your not supporting your products, dealers, or customers, you sell on the net in direct competition to the dealers, sell to sweeps that operate out of a garage, your over head is much lower than most competitors.

Yes everyone wants to save $$, but there's a payback somewhere.

napoleon is the KIA of the stove industry IMHO... disposable.

Regency is in the same boat.
When I carried that line there was never a product failure in 5 years, in all that time every warranty claim was "customer abuse". A friend went to work for Regency as a tech rep, on his first day he overheard a person at top level management telling a dealer on the phone " oh no you must have misunderstood me, no no I'm sure, etc etc". After the call that person told my friend, "That's why we don't do hand outs at dealer meetings, if it's all verbal we can say they misunderstood what we said, if it's on paper the dealer has proof" I dropped the line shortly and my friend found another job in 6 months.

summit said:
napoleon is the KIA of the stove industry IMHO... disposable.
I concur. I was ready to switch back to my old Fisher.

to find a good stove manufacturer, try to find one that does not concern itself with 1. pretty patio fireplaces and grills, 2. does not operate thru online sales and big box stores 3. has a dealer network with their own service staff, not a list of subcontractors.

summit said:
to find a good stove manufacturer, try to find one that does not concern itself with 1. pretty patio fireplaces and grills, 2. does not operate thru online sales and big box stores 3. has a dealer network with their own service staff, not a list of subcontractors.

Then walk into one of their dealers' store and ask them for directions to Lowe's or Home Depot. :lol:

BrotherBart said:
summit said:

Then walk into one of their dealers' store and ask them for directions to Lowe's or Home Depot. :lol:

then why the jotuls, BB? also, what happened to your other avatar, man? i liked that one.. it was really country....

Pilot Joe said:
THis has been my 4 year battle with Napoleon over the bending hinges of my NZ6000 fireplace. ALthough my dealer/installer has been extremely helpful, Napoleon has been awful. Rarely returning my dealers calls, and dragging their feet forever, after 4 yrs they eventually admitted that the fireplace has a design fault. They told me a fix had been designed and I should ask for it. Once we did, they ignored us for 6 months then just yesterday they informed my dealer that the new retro-cam hinges would cost $160.
Going around Napoleon, my dealer paid a tool/dye maker to manufacture 4 new hinges out of a solid block of steel. THese homemade hinges fit perfectly but need to be evaluated over a season or more. I've attached a picture of the new ones and the hollow bending ones that came with the stove. You can easily tell them apart. If any Napoleon owners need to contact me feel free and if any dealers/reps want to explain why Napoleon was so bad I'd be happy to listen. Feel free to PM me.

I have been contacted by 6 other NZ6000 owners who have had the same problem experiences with Napoleon. I cannot recommend Napoleon at this time because of their customer service. Sincerely - Joe

What customer service? What kind of company doesn't even list a phone number on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.