1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Any new stoves with bottom primary air?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Adam Scotera, Mar 27, 2013.

1. ddahlgren

ddahlgren Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SE CT

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan

Adam, I am not attempting to defend the Fireview as I will do the same for any stove out there! It is a simple fact about burning wood. Your method of testing for dryness, that is, "The wood I had was dry enough to split cleanly and made a high pitch when knocked together." Sorry lad, that is about as poor of a method as I've heard yet. Why? Because wood will split best when it is freshly cut! That does not mean the wood is dry and ready to burn. What is a high pitch? That could have a different meaning to different people but no matter, that is a poor indicator of the wetness or dryness of the wood.

You no doubt will be happy with a new stove and we wish you well with it. Are you planning on selling the Fireview?
  3. n3pro

n3pro Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Enola, PA (near Harrisburg the unknown Capitol.
    I think your missing the intent of the answers Adam. As you said money is tight, they are trying to help you NOT to have to spend even more money on another stove that may or may not solve your problem but use the current stove in the best way in which experience shows work. They are suggestions are based on many years of experience and solving many similar problems.

Just my two cents.
  4. mellow

mellow Resident Stove Connoisseur

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    Obviously you can't take a joke.

So how about this, I will swap you a brand new NC 30 for your fireview.