Any one have any experience with a Buck model 74 non cat wood stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

afptl

Dec 16, 2010
Northern KY
Any one have any comments on a Buck model 74 non cat wood stove? I think it would fit where I need it to go. I had read somewhere that the newer Buck products are not as great as the older ones. Anyone have a review/experience with the buck model 74 wood stove? does the top get hot enough to cook on if I need to? thanks!

Have you checked the stove reviews on the main page, available from the drop-down menu? I think several people here burn the stove...I'm sure they'll also chime in.

Buck has made solid products for years and Buck 74 owners seem to really like this product. I've never seen one out here, but wouldn't hesitate getting one, especially if I lived where the shipping costs were low. However, your question about cooking on the top is a good one. I would expect the top to run much cooler that one that didn't have the convection cavity there, especially with the blower going. If that is important the Englander 30NC or a big Osburn would work out better?

Status
Not open for further replies.