Anybody can help???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bendzuch

Jan 2, 2015
USA, NJ, 07035
images.jpg Hi i have old glacer bay stove in garage and my question is what is the cheapest pipe (8") i can use and what is the minimal length of the chimney?
that is gonna be use only here there just weekends...
thank you

Whether the stove is used monthly or daily it still needs to be safe. The least expensive chimney pipe is going to vary by region. If you have a Menards close by they often have the best price on Selkirk class A.

If you have a Menards close by they often have the best price on Selkirk class A.
Which they have on sale right now BTW

The chimney must extend at least 2 feet above any portion of any structure within 10 feet (measured horizontally) AND must extend at least 3 feet above the highest point of its roof penetration. The height of the chimney must meet or exceed both of the minimum requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.