Anybody have a Morso 7600?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CappyMac

Jan 23, 2016
Rhode Island
Hey All,
I'm renovating my old home in coastal Rhode Island and want to put a wood stove in the family room as there is an existing block chimney with ready to go... I greww up with traditional radiant stoves but I'm thinking of going with a contemporary, convection stove. I need a stove with low clearances to the rear wall because my wife will nonly let me have a stove if it doesn't stick out to far into the room, and she doesn't want the room to be uncomfortably hot. She also loves the contemporary look of the Morso stoves... We are thinking of the 7600 series... The house is 1400 sq. ft. and the room is 250 sq. ft. I know these stoves require smaller logs which can be a pain.... But I'm not heating the house with wood just using the stove to supplement during the cold months and as a backup for power outages etc... Anybody have experience with these stoves?

I have a dovre 400 cast iron stove in a 900sqft bungalow ,no problem heating it 28c in house with three smallish splits for a good 5 to 6hrs.if your reno's are increasing your insulation you should have no problems with it,if it's drafty another story.11"splits are going to be a pain

Reactions: CappyMac
Yeah the house should be good and tight after the renovations. As far as the 11" log size it will be a slight pain but like I said it's not my primary heat source... So if I have to spend some time sizing the wood no big deal.. I have plenty of free time...

Last edited:
I know you said your wife does not want a large stove but you might want to look into something that will except larger splits.it's easier to sell if you decide to ever go larger.

Reactions: CappyMac
Hey All,
I'm renovating my old home in coastal Rhode Island and want to put a wood stove in the family room as there is an existing block chimney with ready to go... I greww up with traditional radiant stoves but I'm thinking of going with a contemporary, convection stove. I need a stove with low clearances to the rear wall because my wife will nonly let me have a stove if it doesn't stick out to far into the room, and she doesn't want the room to be uncomfortably hot. She also loves the contemporary look of the Morso stoves... We are thinking of the 7600 series... The house is 1400 sq. ft. and the room is 250 sq. ft. I know these stoves require smaller logs which can be a pain.... But I'm not heating the house with wood just using the stove to supplement during the cold months and as a backup for power outages etc... Anybody have experience with these stoves?

I'm in northern RI with a Morso 6140, have had it for 4 years. Love it as does everyone else in the family. The house is 1900 square feet and the stove puts out some nice heat. It won't heat the whole house, but it does fine heating the 250 sq foot room where it's located. I find myself reloading every 1.5 hours since it's a small fire box, but like you, I use the stove for supplemental heat and I don't burn 24/7; just in the evenings after work. The smaller logs can be a bit of a hassle, but one gets used to it. Stove looks great too. Go for it.

IMG_8029.JPG

Thanks Osuna! That looks really good. Same here I'll probably just use the stove nights and weekends and think it will be perfect for the room. I definitely don't want to overheat the place!
Just looking to make this gs a bit more cozy down here in Narragansett. Wish I had it installed for this weekend!

Thanks Osuna! That looks really good. Same here I'll probably just use the stove nights and weekends and think it will be perfect for the room. I definitely don't want to overheat the place!
Just looking to make this gs a bit more cozy down here in Narragansett. Wish I had it installed for this weekend!

Best of luck with the installation, and enjoy the snow!

Status
Not open for further replies.